FORUMS: list search recent posts

Issue with Ultrascopes in OS Lion

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ryan McGregor
Issue with Ultrascopes in OS Lion
on Aug 27, 2011 at 10:15:21 pm

So I just updated to Lion today and the only thing I can't figure out is how to move the Black Magic Ultrascopes over to my secondary monitor. Before I would just open Ultrascopes, pop into spaces and drag it to my second monitor, but with Lion the new Mission Control won't let me do that. Anybody have a solution or am I missing something very simple?

Return to posts index

Hersh Burston
Re: Issue with Ultrascopes in OS Lion
on Aug 30, 2011 at 2:09:14 am

Hi Ryan,

Mission control does include the functionality of Spaces.

1. Open Blackmagic UltraScope
2. Enable Mission Control
3. In the Mission Control/Expose view, click and drag the Ultrascope application to the top right hand corner. A '+' image will appear
4. A new desktop will be created for your UltraScope application

This is how you add new spaces windows.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Hersh Burston
Senior Product Manager
Blackmagic Design

Return to posts index

Ryan McGregor
on Aug 30, 2011 at 2:19:24 am

I understand that, the issue that I am having is Mission Control won't let me drag UltraScopes to a new desktop on my second monitor. I can only create a new desktop on my primary monitor. Whenever I try to drag Ultrascopes to the second monitor it just gets pulled back to the primary.

Return to posts index

Hersh Burston
on Aug 30, 2011 at 6:56:03 am

Hi Ryan,

We have now seen what you have reported.
When the Ultrascope is in the secondary monitor, activating the Mission Control will pull it back towards the primary monitor.
Also, dragging it from primary into the secondary monitor's Mission Control desktop+ will do the same thing.
This does not occur all the time and we have seen this occur with other applications (i.e. Safari, System Prefs window, iTunes)

WORKAROUND:
1. Drag application (i.e. Ultrascope) into the secondary monitor
2. Close the application
3. Open the application and it should remember to reopen in the secondary monitor
4. Open Mission Control and the application SHOULD remain in the secondary monitor (If not, then repeat steps 1-4)
5. Drag the application into the '+' symbol to create a new desktop OR place it in the existing one
6. It should be saved as a desktop on the secondary monitor

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Hersh Burston
Senior Product Manager
Blackmagic Design

Return to posts index

Ryan McGregor
on Aug 31, 2011 at 2:23:05 pm

What you are suggesting only works for me if Ultrascopes is in two scope mode, as soon as I try to go full screen it gets dragged back over to the primary monitor.

Return to posts index

Hersh Burston
on Sep 1, 2011 at 5:18:17 am

Hi Ryan,

We have now duplicated your issue in Lion and we will need to do further investigation. Unfortunately I cannot provide an accurate time line.

Regards,

Hersh Burston
Senior Product Manager
Blackmagic Design

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]