FORUMS: list search recent posts

HyperDeck Shuttle and iPad 2

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniele Benegiamo
HyperDeck Shuttle and iPad 2
on Aug 25, 2011 at 2:47:25 pm

Hi,

someone can verify if the HyperDeck Shuttle can records iPad 2 HDMI output while in mirroring mode?

Regards,
Daniele.

Return to posts index

Daniele Benegiamo
Re: HyperDeck Shuttle and iPad 2
on Nov 12, 2011 at 8:55:54 pm

Up.

Return to posts index

Bram Stolk
on Nov 28, 2011 at 7:31:02 am

Danielle,

Did you ever find this out?
Thank you.

Bram

Return to posts index

Daniele Benegiamo
on Nov 28, 2011 at 4:11:27 pm

Hi Bram,

Looks like we have the exact same problem: recording HD video of an iPad video game! :) And I'm sure the HyperDeck Shuttle would be the perfect solution.

But no, I've not found an answer. Some hours ago I wrote again to BlackMagic, hoping to receive a definitive reply back.

Return to posts index

Bram Stolk
on Jul 23, 2012 at 11:17:13 pm

So, I finally got both compressed and uncompressed working now.
Uncompressed video capture worked just fine as is, but with DNxHD it was an ordeal.
I simply could not view the files on Mac.
I wrote up a guide on how I solved it with ffmpeg.
My guide is available here:
http://ps3computing.blogspot.ca/2012/07/definitive-guide-to-using-hyperdeck...

Return to posts index

Daniele Benegiamo
on Jan 19, 2012 at 11:31:27 am

Contacted BlackMagic Design in November but they never replied. Bram, do you found some informations?

Daniele

Return to posts index

Petros Kolyvas
on Mar 16, 2012 at 9:50:00 pm

It doesn't work here. We can capture an iPad 2's output on our AJA Kona card, but that's not portable as it's attached to a Mac Pro in an ISO Box!

The iPad 2's video out seems to switch dynamically but the Hyperdeck Shuttle 2 won't pick up the signal even though it plays fine to a TV in addition to our Kona.

Anyone else have success?

Many thanks!

PK

--
There is no intuitive interface, not even the nipple. It's all learned. - Bruce Ediger

Return to posts index

Petros Kolyvas
on Mar 19, 2012 at 8:10:10 pm

I got it to work with the Hyperdeck Shuttle 2... so while this thread is old, hopefully someone with the same question stumbles here and finds what they need.

When you first connect the iPad to the Shuttle 2 via HDMI the "video signal presence" light does not illuminate and the Shuttle will not record.

Here's what works every time: on an iPad 2+ running iOS 5+ (I haven't tried it on an iPad v1 or v2 running iOS 4.x) open the Apple-supplied "Video" app. Even if there are no videos on the iPad, it will negotiate a new format for video out with the Shuttle 2 (720p60) and maintain that signal even when you quit the app so you can record whatever is happening on-screen in Safari or any other app.

We captured iPad screens being used by kids in-school today to DNxHD without fail.

Next up: trying to force 1080p... :)

--
There is no intuitive interface, not even the nipple. It's all learned. - Bruce Ediger

Return to posts index

Bram Stolk
on May 21, 2012 at 7:07:41 pm

Thank you very much petros.
This is great news, I will order one.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]