FORUMS: list search recent posts

Any update on when smooth fast forward/fast rewind is going to be fixed with PP 5.5?

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Cliff Stephenson
Any update on when smooth fast forward/fast rewind is going to be fixed with PP 5.5?
on Aug 17, 2011 at 11:30:44 am

Just wondering if there's been any word on if there's a fix in sight for smooth forward and rewind when using Premiere Pro with a Blackmagic card.

Right now, high speed scrubbing with Premiere and Blackmagic just gives you garbled high speed audio, but the video runs continues to run in real time. No matter how fast you try to move through a clip (hitting "J" or "L") a 60 second clip will take 60 seconds to get through. It's a pretty basic thing that I'm surprised is still not working properly.

Return to posts index

Ray Tragesser
Re: Any update on when smooth fast forward/fast rewind is going to be fixed with PP 5.5?
on Aug 17, 2011 at 11:57:41 pm

This is a real problem right now with Premiere Pro and CS-5.x
I typically work with many different audio assets and use JKL all the time. I find it very frustrating being an editor and not having this functionality when I work on a system with the Blackmagic cards.

I suspect you will need to remove the card if you want to gain the feature back. It seems for whatever the reason, no vendor can make their cards work correctly with Premiere Pro CS-5.x The lack of response also may indicate that there is no solution until CS-6 comes out with a potentially new SDK kit. Another area that seems to compound the issue is the MAC OS. This is a real shame because many Final Cut users are now looking closely at Premiere Pro as a solution. Their is also a very well documented GUI bug when using Premiere Pro on the MAC.

Premiere Pro is a great tool, but I find myself completely dissatisfied with the current implementation of the third party I/O cards.

Return to posts index

Chris Tompkins
Re: Any update on when smooth fast forward/fast rewind is going to be fixed with PP 5.5?
on Aug 18, 2011 at 11:17:57 pm

+1

Chris Tompkins
Video Atlanta LLC

Return to posts index

Cliff Stephenson
on Aug 19, 2011 at 8:12:32 am

It's not a flaw in PP 5.x "inherently" because JKL works quite perfectly and fluidly if you use the internal Adobe Playback Engine instead of Blackmagic playback. It also works a bit better if you use an AJA card (although those cards have a different set of issues that I find more disturbing than the BM issues). But there's definitely something wrong in Blackmagic JKL playback as everyone knows. And with people flocking in droves to Adobe and Avid ever since the FCPX debacle, perfecting playback on Premiere and Avid should be nothing less than a Blackmagic priority right now. It's been almost exactly two months now and I'd really like to know if it's something we can expect to see.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]