FORUMS: list search recent posts

Missing Genlock ON/OFF setting on Decklink Control Panel for legacy Decklink Extreme HD board

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rich Rubin
Missing Genlock ON/OFF setting on Decklink Control Panel for legacy Decklink Extreme HD board
on Aug 17, 2011 at 9:36:30 am

I'm can't turn on GENLOCK from the REF IN BNC connector on a legacy Decklink HD Extreme board. Can't find the GENLOCK check-box on any Decklink Control Panel menus. Will it only appear with a certain drivers?....If so, which version. I'm using it for a character generator that must receive black-burst for sync. Please help....Thanks.

Rich Rubin
Mobile Studios, Inc.
Boca Raton, Florida

Return to posts index

Joshua Helling
Re: Missing Genlock ON/OFF setting on Decklink Control Panel for legacy Decklink Extreme HD board
on Aug 17, 2011 at 6:35:49 pm

There is no genlock On/Off toggle on any of our boards. Basically how it works is if reference is detected in the same format as the output of the board, then the output will be genlocked. If not, the reference is ignored.

Sincerely,

Joshua
Director of Support
Blackmagic Design Inc.

Return to posts index

Rich Rubin
Re: Missing Genlock ON/OFF setting on Decklink Control Panel for legacy Decklink Extreme HD board
on Aug 17, 2011 at 7:22:30 pm

Thanks Joshua -- The problem turned out to be a bad cable and the black-burst signal to REF IN is locking the signal out of the card fine.

Regards,

Rich

Rich Rubin
Mobile Studios, Inc.
Boca Raton, Florida

Return to posts index

Warren James
on Apr 23, 2012 at 3:14:43 pm

Sorry to bump this thread but is concerning exactly what I am looking at.

I am working with the Decklink SDK and the behavior of the card with genlock stops part of my application working.

Is there anyway that you can tell if the card is locking from the ref in or locking from the signal itself?

I am using the card to check that the genlock on the piece of equipment that I'm capturing from is working.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]