Question for the BM guys about Hyperdeck shuttle

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mark elston
Question for the BM guys about Hyperdeck shuttle
on Aug 16, 2011 at 9:41:24 pm

Hi,
Couple questions:

1. I know currently you support up to 30 fps at 1080p but was wondering if there are plans to support 1080p/60 at some point in the future either as an upgrade or new model? From what I can tell only the Cinedeck out there does 1080p/60 currently. Not sure if it's a processor issue for you, bandwidth, etc. I think it would be north of 300 MB/s to do that.

2. We have seen the HDMI Green issue that was mentioned here by someone and are also wondering if there will be a fix for that issue? our sources are DVI/HDMI and we like portability, but converting to SDI takes away from that convenience.

Thanks,
Mark

Return to posts index

Joshua Helling
Re: Question for the BM guys about Hyperdeck shuttle
on Aug 17, 2011 at 1:03:59 am

Okay...I'll try to answer appropriately. :D

1> We don't typically discuss future plans before we've made an official announcement, but I can give a few bits of information. Biggest limitation here (and there are a few others) are the performances of the SSD's. Currently they are not consistently fast enough to do the 3Gig formats in uncompressed.

The basic requirement for 1080p60 is two fold. An interface that supports 3G formats, and the ability to put it all down on a drive without dropping frames. The Cinedecks can do both.

Sincerely,

Joshua
Director of Support
Blackmagic Design Inc.

Return to posts index

Joshua Helling
Re: Question for the BM guys about Hyperdeck shuttle
on Aug 17, 2011 at 2:39:48 am

And Like a total knucklehead I answered one question and not the second one. Sorry that wasn't intentional.

Okay...here we go!

2> Well..there has been A fix which has corrected this issue for many of the cameras that were having problems, but there are still devices that have a similar issue. We are working on those aggressively and want to know about ANY model or device that people have had an issue with.

So...most devices are okay actually, but there were a small number of devices that had EDID issues with our Hyperdeck Shuttles.

Sincerely,

Joshua
Director of Support
Blackmagic Design Inc.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]