FORUMS: list search recent posts

Driver versions for Decklink & Hdlink with V8?

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
andrew smith
Driver versions for Decklink & Hdlink with V8?
on Aug 16, 2011 at 3:39:09 pm

Hello

Just curious which drivers I should have installed for V8? I have an Extreme3D (not +) that is currently at 7.9.5 and an HDlink3D (displayPort) that just asked to update firmware automatically.

thank you
Andrew

MacPro 4,1 OSX 10.6.8 / FCS3 / CS5
2.26 ghz 8-core / 24GB RAM
Nvidia GT 120/285 combo

Return to posts index

Joshua Helling
Re: Driver versions for Decklink & Hdlink with V8?
on Aug 17, 2011 at 12:53:40 am

8.2 is the latest Decklink driver.

3.5.1 for the HDLink

For the HDLink firmware update. If you install a version of the driver on the computer anytime you connected it via USB it will check the firmware of the HDLink. If the version installed on the computer is newer than that of the HDLink it will attempt to update it. Once you update it, it shouldn't prompt you again for that version.

It's much the same with the Decklink Firmware, but the Decklink checks each time the computer is started.

Sincerely,

Joshua
Director of Support
Blackmagic Design Inc.

Return to posts index

andrew smith
on Aug 17, 2011 at 1:18:52 am

thanks for the reply

so the hdlink keeps asking for the firmare this week when i open the utility app - i update and power off as instructed but i am still prompted to update - also i am told that resolve should be asking for a decklink update when upgrading from 7.1 to 8 but it did not so i scared to update that to 8.2 in case it breaks things...

MacPro 4,1 OSX 10.6.8 / FCS3 / CS5
2.26 ghz 8-core / 24GB RAM
Nvidia GT 120/285 combo

Return to posts index

Joshua Helling
on Aug 17, 2011 at 2:35:32 am

If you are using resolve then I would recommend using the driver that is built into the Resolve installer. So if you have any questions on that front then just reinstall resolve and that should make sure you are on the right drivers.

As for the HDLink...the behavior you're seeing is odd. It should only do an update once and if successful it should not bother you again about it.

So on that front, maybe try uninstalling it and either install the same version again or install a newer version and see if that helps it.

Sincerely,

Joshua
Director of Support
Blackmagic Design Inc.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]