FORUMS: list search recent posts

UltraStudio 3D Performance

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason Jenkins
UltraStudio 3D Performance
on Aug 14, 2011 at 3:40:25 am

Regarding the UltraStudio 3D; when the Blackmagic website says under 'Real Time Effects': "Adobe® Premiere Pro® Mercury Playback Engine effects in DV, MJPEG, DVCPRO HD, DSLR, AVCHD, XDCAM, XDCAM HD and uncompressed." I assume that the UltraStudio is merely passing through any effects accelerated by Premiere Pro and the host system... or is there some kind of acceleration happening in the UltraStudio 3D box itself? Thanks for the clarification.

Jason Jenkins
Flowmotion Media
Video production... with style!

Return to posts index

Alex Gerulaitis
Re: UltraStudio 3D Performance
on Aug 15, 2011 at 7:01:18 pm

[Jason Jenkins] " I assume that the UltraStudio is merely passing through any effects accelerated by Premiere Pro and the host system"

Yes.

[Jason Jenkins] "or is there some kind of acceleration happening in the UltraStudio 3D box itself?"

No: UltraStudio is just an I/O box (with some conversion inside but no acceleration).

Alex (DV411)

Return to posts index

Jason Jenkins
on Aug 15, 2011 at 7:23:44 pm

Thanks for the clarification, Alex. That's what I figured, but the wording on the Blackmagic site could easily be misconstrued –and I'm always hoping to find something that will enhance the power of my Macbook Pro!

Jason Jenkins
Flowmotion Media
Video production... with style!

Return to posts index

Alex Gerulaitis
on Aug 15, 2011 at 7:28:49 pm

[Jason Jenkins] " I'm always hoping to find something that will enhance the power of my Macbook Pro!"

A triple-shot espresso macchiato. 8)

Alex (DV411)

Return to posts index

Nick Bates
on Sep 27, 2011 at 2:45:38 am

Does anyone have the UltraStudio 3D setup through an Apple Thunderbolt display and Thunderbolt LaCie drive between? Has anyone tried real time HD playback through After Effects? Not had any luck with my AJA io Express.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]