FORUMS: list search recent posts

3G plus Dual link outputs on the Decklink 4K

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kevin Cannon
3G plus Dual link outputs on the Decklink 4K
on Aug 12, 2011 at 7:05:00 pm

The Decklink 4K has four SDI outputs and the website says each can operate as single-link, dual-link, or 3Gb outputs... does anyone know if these are configurable so that some can operate with one setting while others operate at others?

Specifically, could a 2K signal be sent out from two outputs be 3G and from two others combined as dual-link? Or do they all have to output an identical signal?

And if it can't put out some 3G and some dual-link does Blackmagic have a product that would serve as a 3G <=> Dual link multiplexer?

KC

prehistoricdigital.com
hardworkingpixels.com

Return to posts index

Joshua Helling
Re: 3G plus Dual link outputs on the Decklink 4K
on Aug 15, 2011 at 6:51:42 pm

Good question. On the 4K board I don't think so. On the quad board it's possible. The 4K board is basically one output and you can set it to be anything you want from SD to 4K. Where as the Decklink Quad board is like 4 independent I/O's

Sincerely,

Joshua
Director of Support
Blackmagic Design Inc.

Return to posts index

Kevin Cannon
on Aug 16, 2011 at 4:22:54 am

Thanks Joshua,

Unfortunately it looks like the Decklink quad is only HD, I'm hoping to output 2K dual-link and 2K 3G so it looks like I'll have to use my current card or the 4K to output 3G and then add something in front of my one dual-link device.

KC

prehistoricdigital.com
hardworkingpixels.com

Return to posts index

Joshua Helling
on Aug 16, 2011 at 8:26:31 pm

Yes...sorry..I meant to mention that. It is only up to HD.

Sincerely,

Joshua
Director of Support
Blackmagic Design Inc.

Return to posts index

Kevin Cannon
on Aug 19, 2011 at 9:07:04 pm

Thanks Joshua,

A sort of related question: instead of sending out mixed signals, does Blackmagic make an adapter that could used to down-convert a 2K 3GSDI signal to 1080p?

The issue there is that the BM Ultrascope doesn't accept a 2K 24p RGB signal in any fashion, but I need to have the decklink set to 2K... I can make all the other devices work taking in 2K over SDI, but need to send 1080p to the scopes at the same time...

KC

prehistoricdigital.com
hardworkingpixels.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]