FORUMS: list search recent posts

Trouble with cameras auto-sensing wrong output resolution when connected to ATEM 1

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Terry Wilson
Trouble with cameras auto-sensing wrong output resolution when connected to ATEM 1
on Aug 10, 2011 at 4:30:51 pm

Just purchased an ATEM 1 switcher. The cameras we already have are a mix of an HVR-V1U (1) and HDR-UX5 (4). The V1U works great. The UX5s don't allow you to set an output resolution for the HDMI (They do allow you to set it for the component output, but the ATEM only has one component input and I have multiple cameras) For the HDMI output, the UX5 will automatically set the resolution when you plug it in. Usually it autosenses 1080i just fine when hooking to displays, but when hooking to the ATEM it will only set itself to 720p.

I could just set the ATEM to 720p and the UX5s play nice, but the V1U can only do 1080i output and I need the longer lens of the V1U, so I kind of need to run the ATEM in 1080i.

Spent a couple hours today with Sony tech support, who were very nice and tried lots of stuff, but no success. Blackmagic support was also very nice, but there's not much they can do...

Not sure if there is a solution, but just wanted to ask if anyone has any ideas?

Return to posts index

Jason Wietholter
Re: Trouble with cameras auto-sensing wrong output resolution when connected to ATEM 1
on Aug 13, 2011 at 9:50:03 pm

This is a hack if you need a quick solution; trick the camera into thinking it is connected to a 1080i display:

Hook the camera up to an HDMI splitter, from the HDMI splitter, hook into a TV or display that will put the camera in 1080i, then connect the other HDMI out of the splitter to the ATEM.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]