FORUMS: list search recent posts

Decklink Studio 2 audio pops on Footage captured with OnLocatiion

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Vince Becquiot
Decklink Studio 2 audio pops on Footage captured with OnLocatiion
on Aug 6, 2011 at 1:20:17 am

Hi all,

We are encountering bad audio pops/crackling with stereo footage captured from an HVX 200 via Firewire (AVI Stereo) with Premiere CS5.

The audio is fine on all other footage, and I am not talking about peaking, it happens even at lower gain. The audio in question is 48K /32 bit float in Premiere.

The problem goes away once the BM software in uninstalled.

If the software is installed, the problem is present on either Adobe, BM, or even Windows Media Player.

Software Version is latest 8.2, also happens with 8.1

Any help is appreciated.

Vince Becquiot

Kaptis Studios
San Francisco - Bay Area

Return to posts index

Vince Becquiot
Re: Decklink Studio 2 audio pops on Footage captured with OnLocatiion
on Aug 6, 2011 at 1:37:47 am

Well, after a few hours of playing around, I traced the problem to BMDImport.prm Located at: C:Program FilesAdobeCommonPlug-insCS5MediaCore

With the file out and a Premiere restart, the problem goes away. Not the best fix, but it allows me to edit...

Again, any solution to this, and info about the exact function of that plugin would be greatly appreciated.

Vince Becquiot

Kaptis Studios
San Francisco - Bay Area

Return to posts index

Jeff Kosmicki
Re: Decklink Studio 2 audio pops on Footage captured with OnLocatiion
on Aug 11, 2011 at 2:06:25 pm

Man, that one has been plaguing me for months with my UltraStudio Pro (although not a problem with my Decklink Studio 2, strange) BM even had me send the unit to them to try, they could not hear the problem.
Disabling BMDImport worked for me too, so far everything is importing/working fine without the plugin.
Thanks for the workaround.

Jeff Kosmicki
http://www.toyraygun.net

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]