FORUMS: list search recent posts

Intensity Pro and CS5.5 Multicam

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel Schloss
Intensity Pro and CS5.5 Multicam
on Aug 5, 2011 at 7:38:47 pm

If any of you out there are thinking about a Blackmagic intensity Pro card to use with Adobe CS5.5 MAC, be warned that it does not support the multicam feature. I spoke with tech support today who said "oh yeah thats an issue we are working on". I asked if they posted it on any of the advertising or forums or white papers, etc....uh no.

I ran into this with them back when CS5 was released and they advertised that they supported Premiere Pro but kind of sort of forgot to say "only CS4" which of course was outdated.

False advertising? I'm not a lawyer but it sure smacks of that! No more, I'm done with these guys.

Beware!

Return to posts index

Joshua Helling
Re: Intensity Pro and CS5.5 Multicam
on Aug 17, 2011 at 2:53:53 am

We've actually never supported that feature. It's always been something we'd like to try to include, but we've never had the chance to do it.

Sincerely,

Joshua
Director of Support
Blackmagic Design Inc.

Return to posts index

Daniel Schloss
on Aug 17, 2011 at 6:30:00 am

Ok...fine....then put an asterisk next to the statement Premiere Pro CS5.5 that reads "Multi cam feature not supported". Done! Was that hard?

Return to posts index

Daniel Schloss
on Aug 17, 2011 at 6:37:29 am

Wait, I just re-read your post. You've always wanted to support it? AJA does, Matrox does, you guys build big systems. What is the issue here? Why do I keep finding the same problem. Your advertising says you support a software program but then I discover you only support 2/3's of the program. Ok, ok I'm done. Off my soapbox. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.

Return to posts index

Joshua Helling
on Aug 17, 2011 at 4:22:48 pm

Yeah, I completely understand your position. I assure you that nobody was trying to fool you.

But regardless, you now have the correct information.

Sincerely,

Joshua
Director of Support
Blackmagic Design Inc.

Return to posts index

Daniel Schloss
Re: Intensity Pro and CS5.5 Multicam and now AJA LHi
on Oct 15, 2011 at 7:23:09 am

Well I just got some more disturbing news. Apparently my AJA Kona LHi card also is not compatible with the multi cam feature in Adobe CS5.5. Tech Support confirmed this for me. And the Matrox MX02 mini has issues with CS5 when you select their audio preset in preferences.

Is there any capture card out there that runs correctly with CS5.5 for MAC? You know...I use to hate my Commodore 64, but at least it worked. Slloooowwwwly but it worked.

Normally I would say that it was my fault for not checking first, but what do you do, go down the list of each feature of your software while on the phone with sales, asking if there are any issues here or there? Nothing in their literature gave me a clue, and no one at AJA said oh it's a great card but...

I love AJA! Their tech support is great, their products are robust and worth the bucks, I just wish I had been given a clue.

Can we get some feed back as to what others are using to capture HD, that works without any of the "oh yeah it's not quite compatible with that feature" response. Just curious.

Dan Schloss
info@echomedia.org

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]