FORUMS: list search recent posts

Multiple H264 Pro ?

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Spaw
Multiple H264 Pro ?
on Aug 4, 2011 at 4:04:42 pm

I have a client that needs to record 2 or 3 streams of H.264. Can I Do this with the Media express software and 3 H264 Pros on the same computer with Windows 7?

Any Plans for an H.264 Hyperdeck ??

Steve

Return to posts index

Paul Jay
Re: Multiple H264 Pro ?
on Aug 4, 2011 at 4:59:10 pm

What about a ProRes Hyperdeck.

Return to posts index

Tracy Peterson
on May 24, 2017 at 11:37:01 pm

ProRES is nice but it's not a panacea. The value of h.264 is in fast small file transfers, like I need to do for a lot of clients who want near instance YouTube availability.

Tracy Peterson
http://www.onetwomany.com

Return to posts index

Mark Brunkhart
on Aug 4, 2011 at 11:09:08 pm

I was on the phone with tech support this morning and asked the same question. The answer is 'yes', but you have to make a copy of the executable and run it as a separate program.

The problem is that Media Express only allows one instance of the software (this would be nice for BlackMagic to change), so you have to trick it into starting two instances by having two completely separate executables.

At that point, you should be able to open the two copies separately, select the different devices, and do two captures.

I haven't tried this yet as we're still testing our first H.264 ProRecorder. If you have the chance to try it, I would love to hear how it goes before we invest in a second one.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]