FORUMS: list search recent posts

H264 Pro Recorder/Media Express problems

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrew Nelson
H264 Pro Recorder/Media Express problems
on Aug 2, 2011 at 10:13:42 pm

Hello,

I occasionally get a very interesting problem with my system. Sometimes, I'll record footage, but the file that's saved, the video appears to have been offset about 200 pixels down, meaning that the lower 1/3rd of the video actually appears on top, and the top of the video displays below it. Kind of like when a VCR has really bad tracking problems.

Has anyone else encountered this problem?

My setup, I have one computer with an Avid Nitris DX, and it's outputting video into the H264 Pro Recorder via an SDI cable, using Media Express to save to another computer. Both systems are running Windows 7.

Any help or information on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.
Andrew

Return to posts index

Kristian Lam
Re: H264 Pro Recorder/Media Express problems
on Aug 3, 2011 at 2:14:17 pm

Hi,

Could you please contact our tech support team and provide a link to download the video?

Is this in SD or HD? What is the framerate of your source and what H.264 preset are you using in Media Express?

regards

Kristian Lam
Blackmagic Design

Return to posts index

Andrew Nelson
Re: H264 Pro Recorder/Media Express problems
on Aug 3, 2011 at 4:08:51 pm

Hello,

I don't think I'll be able to provide you with a link to the video. The company I work for has strict non-disclosure agreements. However, I might be able to provide a bit more information.

The preset we're using is the youtube 1080p preset. The frame rate of the video source is 23.978.

I think I have isolate to where the problem occurs. Whenever I reopen an avid project, the video signal resets, causing Media Express on the other computer to hiccup. At that point, if I don't reset Media Express, it causes the offsetting problem. If I restart Media Express at that point, it appears fine.

Also, there's another issue I'm having. Whenever I click the capture button to start recording, there's an 90% chance that the recording instantly fails. Meaning that the program generates a video file, but stops recording instantly. I usually have to click the capture button a handful of times before it starts recording fully.

I should also mention that at the same time, I'm outputting another video signal to a Mac, using a Decklink HD Extreme 3D+ capture card and Media Express, and as of this far, I have had no errors with it. The video captures perfectly fine, and it starts recording on the first click.

I hope this helps,
Thank you
Andrew

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]