FORUMS: list search recent posts

Extended Desktop Back - Woohoo! New Issue Though.

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tangier Clarke
Extended Desktop Back - Woohoo! New Issue Though.
on Aug 2, 2011 at 5:25:49 pm

First, thanks BM for restoring this feature (in the 8.2.1 beta). Second, I am sooooo curious what happened in MacOS 10.6.8 that allowed this to come back. I am not running Lion, but with this beta I am using extended desktop through my Multibridge Pro 2.

I have a new issue though since updgrading to 10.6.8 and Desktop Video 8.2 (before the .1 beta):

My second monitor (NEC MultiSync EA231WMi) is now seen as a TV and I am only given NTSC refresh rates, my primary monitor (HP LP2475w) is fine, my plasma (50" Panasonic connected via HDMI to multibridge Pro 2) is seen as a monitor (with monitor resolutions and refresh rate settings) and not as a TV. It's like the Plasma display and my second monitor are being recognized by the OS opposite of how they should be.

My config:
Mac Pro/ OS 10.6.8
Desktop Video 8.2.1b (problem existed before the beta)
Multibridge Pro 2
ATI Radeon HD 4870

Tangier

Return to posts index

John Pale
Re: Extended Desktop Back - Woohoo! New Issue Though.
on Aug 2, 2011 at 7:01:28 pm

They put it back in so you can use it with FCPX, as it's the only way to get external monitoring with it.

Return to posts index

Tangier Clarke
on Aug 2, 2011 at 8:41:55 pm

Right, but where do you select the external monitor in FCP X? Also, that didn't quite answer my question. I am curious as to what's different between Mac OS 10.6.8 and previous version that allowed this feature to be put back and work? Is it some level of AV foundation?

Tangier

Return to posts index

Ray Chung
on Aug 17, 2011 at 10:11:26 pm

Have you tried arranging them with 'displays' in the Mac's system preferences?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]