FORUMS: list search recent posts

Hypedeck shuttle SDI connectors

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Baird
Hypedeck shuttle SDI connectors
on Jul 23, 2011 at 9:17:04 pm

After a brief online search I have found 3 different opinions on what kind of SDI connectors are on the hyperdeck shuttle. Since Black Magic Design doesn't bother to include ANY information at all about them in their tech documents covering the shuttle does anybody here know what they are? I can say conclusively they are not High Density HD-SDI. That is what the vendor (marketrek) sent me swearing they would work and they don't.

I took the shuttle into our local electronics shop and they had never seen the connections before. Additionally, none of the video engineers where I work (NASA) have ever seen those connections. Maybe they are popular in some OTHER part of the world but not around here.

Annoying. You would think BMD would have put the type of connector in their tec specs since it is so obscure. They put HDMI type A on the line right below it and that is a very common connector.

thanks for any help.

MB

Return to posts index

Kristian Lam
Re: Hypedeck shuttle SDI connectors
on Jul 23, 2011 at 11:52:12 pm

Hi Mark,

They are Din 1.0/2.3 connectors.

Here's a list of them on the Marketek website:

http://audio-video-supply.markertek.com/search?w=din+1.0%2F2.3&asug=&IMAGE....

regards

Kristian Lam
Blackmagic Design

Return to posts index

Mark Baird
on Jul 24, 2011 at 4:09:08 am

That's it...Wonder why the markertech sales guy couldn't figure this out? probably because he was looking at the black magic docs about the hyperdeck which don't say a word about the type of connection.

THANKS!

Return to posts index

Rafael Metz
on Jul 24, 2011 at 11:10:22 am

I had exact the question :-)
We are talking about the 75 Ohm version, not the 50 Ohm, right?

Rafael

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]