FORUMS: list search recent posts

AVID Media Composer - Compatability?

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Craig Harris
AVID Media Composer - Compatability?
on Jul 21, 2011 at 2:12:08 am

Does anyone know if there will be compatability between BlackMagic I/O devices and AVID Media Composer in the near future?

Return to posts index

John Pale
Re: AVID Media Composer - Compatability?
on Jul 21, 2011 at 3:34:39 am

Avid held an event a few nights ago where they talked about expanding their third party hardware product support in the future...presumably with MC 6. On screen there were logos of Matrox, AJA, Blackmagic and MOTU. There were no specifics mentioned about which cards or when. But something will be happening.

Return to posts index

Mark Whitney
on Jul 21, 2011 at 6:59:52 am

I was at the same show if it was the one at WB. I only had a few minutes to talk to the Black Magic folk and I had some specific questions for them about a new capture card of theirs I just purchased and didn't know enough about AVID; I just assumed their software would work with BMD since they were at the show. Anyway, I did see only Mac based presentation tables, so perhaps Media Composer isn't Win7 supported although BMD I believe is tri-lingual when it comes to OS support. I haven't visited AVID's site to investigate, so anyone really interested &/or ambitious would start there I'd think.

Mark

Return to posts index

Gary Hazen
on Jul 23, 2011 at 3:16:24 pm

[Mark Whitney] "perhaps Media Composer isn't Win7 supported"

Avid MC 5 and up runs on Windows 7. Regarding BMD, everyone will have to wait for the release of MC 6 to find out which BMD i/o is supported. Judging by what Avid did with Matrox and AJA I would guess that there will be one BMD i/o that Avid will support.

I'm guessing they'll support the UltraStudio SDI or the UltraStudio Pro.

Return to posts index

Bill Ravens
on Jul 21, 2011 at 11:18:41 am

I'm, currently, exploring the possibilities with BMD's Hyperdeck. MC has no problems recognizing the 10-bit uncompressed QT from this source. I'm using After Effects to transcode the Hyperdeck QT files to Avid's DNxHD before injesting to MC.

Return to posts index

Mark Baird
on Jul 23, 2011 at 9:08:41 pm

I to just received my hyperdeck shuttle and I will be using it with media composer. I expect it to work now on MC 5.0 (running on win 7 x64 at home). I don't expect it will AMA but I am expecting to be able to directly import the files into avid without having to go through any other software.

I am also expecting to use the files in Eyeon Fusion without further conversion.

I'll let everyone know how many of my expectations are met.

MB

Return to posts index

Mark Baird
on Jul 24, 2011 at 4:19:28 am

On eyeon fusion: Reads the file created in the hyperdeck shuttle with no problem but the resulting image is green. Looking at the channels the green channel is up full and there is nothing in the blue and mostly nothing in the red. This could be a color space mix up (IE fusion trying to make rgb out of a different component format. I'll have to look into this further.

Avid 5.0 imports the footage. The audio is fine but the screen is white, which generally means it doesn't have the correct codec but it could be a problem with the alpha channel. I'll have to check this out also. (and pay some attention to my import settings.)

more later.

MB

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]