FORUMS: list search recent posts

Getting the audio from Blackmagic Design Hyperdeck Studio

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gerbrand Oudenaarden
Getting the audio from Blackmagic Design Hyperdeck Studio
on Jul 20, 2011 at 3:28:07 pm

Hi,

I ordered the Hyperdeck Studio SSD recorder/player to work in a mobile studio in conjunction with a Blackmagic Design ATEM 2 ME video switcher.

The Hyperdeck Studio has SDI and HDMI outputs with embedded audio, but no seperate audio outputs. The ATEM switcher strips incoming audio that's embedded on the sources.

So If I wanted to use video in a show with audio, I would have to find a way to deembed the audio from the Hyperdeck Studio. (and preferably still keep it synced to the video). Blackmagic Design has SDI deembedders in both miniconverter and opengear formats, but the costs are relatively high in comparison to the Hyperdeck Studio itself which sells for around € 650.

Will cheap HDMI to analog converters from ebay do the job? or will they have too much latency / too low quality.

And what's the audio connection type on the Blackmagic Opengear SDI to audio converters? I will mount the whole set in a flightcase and have a patch panel with XLR connectors. Where would I get the correct cable/plugs?

Gerbrand Oudenaarden

http://www.engagetv.com
Engage! Tactical Media
Webcasting, Event multicam services, Mobile studios.

Return to posts index

Mark Baird
Re: Getting the audio from Blackmagic Design Hyperdeck Studio
on Jul 23, 2011 at 9:19:57 pm

We use AJA embedders/disembedders at work and ever since they fixed their firmware, they work flawlessly. They are about half the price of the studio.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]