FORUMS: list search recent posts

Revival vs. Revival Pro

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jonathon Lee
Revival vs. Revival Pro
on Jul 19, 2011 at 6:44:55 pm

I'm trying to figure out the diference between Revival and Revival Pro. We have Revival Pro and have been using Revival prior to the BMD era.

It seems like the "Automatic" features are not present in the Pro version. However, I can not tell from the info on the website if any of the "Interactive" page modules are in the "regular" version. Is there are comparison chart? There is a huge price differential between the two.

If anyone knows, please chime in.

thanks!

Jonathon

Return to posts index

Gary Adams
Re: Revival vs. Revival Pro
on Jul 19, 2011 at 7:33:19 pm

Hello Jonathon. This is the most asked question I get. The “Revival” product contains the base application and only the ROI Dirt and Dust, Reveal and Paint Brush, and Splice Repair tools found in the Interactive menu. The base application contains the UI for import/export, support for video I/O, scene cut detection. The “Revival Pro” product includes that plus every other tool in the application which we like to call automatic and interactive specialty tools.

We did the same thing at DaVinci but called it the Base Application and Revival Complete. We used to part out all the tools so this is a way of simplifying the product.

The primary reason for the “Revival” only product is manual touch up or finishing work. In a facility with multiple restoration seats, you may find a number of Revival Pro and another group of artists using the Revival only product doing the manual work necessary to make the image perfect.

So, if you are looking to do everything on one workstation, you would use Revival Pro.

Gary

Gary Adams
DaVinci Revival Product Manager
Blackmagic Design

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]