FORUMS: list search recent posts

Ordered Hyperdeck Shuttle

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Baird
Ordered Hyperdeck Shuttle
on Jul 15, 2011 at 3:35:33 am

Anyone have any thoughts on ways to use the hyperdeck shuttle with DSLRs? I know next to nothing about DSLRs as video cameras except that I have been impressed with the end product. However, they only have HDMI out (not HD-SDI) and from what I can tell, it seems to be a monitor out with, as a minimum, a "record light" on. And it could have a lot of data mixed in to the picture. Is there a way to get clean program feed from a DSLR to a hyperdeck shuttle?

I have a shuttle on order and I am contemplating whether I want to buy a dslr or just borrow my friends Sony HVRS270U (HD-SDI out)

Sorry for the somewhat newbish question. I just don't know much about this part of the industry.

Return to posts index

Colin Sandy
Re: Ordered Hyperdeck Shuttle
on Jul 15, 2011 at 9:51:46 am

Is there a way to get clean program feed from a DSLR to a hyperdeck shuttle?

In real time? In a nutshell, no.

Return to posts index

Jacky Lau
on Jul 17, 2011 at 11:44:36 am

May BMD Mini Converter HDMI to SDI can help

Return to posts index

Mark Baird
on Jul 17, 2011 at 9:26:19 pm

How would that help?

The issue is that the HDMI out has all manner of garbage in it. Basically everything that you see on the LCD on the back of the camera also comes out the HDMI out. What you need is a way to turn those overlays off so that you get a clean signal on the HDMI out. Simply converting it to SDI is going to mean you have an SDI signal with the same garbage in it.

MB

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]