FORUMS: list search recent posts

New Desktop Video 8.2 beta 3 and Media Express 3 for Mac now available

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Dowling
New Desktop Video 8.2 beta 3 and Media Express 3 for Mac now available
on Jul 8, 2011 at 8:21:16 am

Hi,

Desktop Video 8.2 beta 3 which includes Media Express 3 beta 3 is now available from the support page of the Blackmagic Design website.

Also included in this beta are some bug fixes for CS 5.5 Mac including the frame by frame audio scrubbing and the sub-clip playback issue.

Cliff - Based on your feedback we improved the JKL playback support and the audio scrubbing - Thanks!

Regards,

Matt
Blackmagic Design

Return to posts index

Cliff Stephenson
Re: New Desktop Video 8.2 beta 3 and Media Express 3 for Mac now available
on Jul 8, 2011 at 9:17:27 am

You guys are the best!! Frame by frame audio scrubbing works! It makes a HUUUGE difference.

I'm still having trouble with JKL playback. It seems smooth enough, but only the audio appears to fast forward/rewind. I pulled out a stopwatch and fast forwarding through 10 seconds of footage hitting the "L" key any number of times still takes me 10 seconds to get through, although the audio definitely plays super fast. Not sure if I'm missing a setting or something so that the video keeps up with audio, but it's still kind of a no-go for me unfortunately. It makes forwarding through clips and the timeline kind of pointless because a minute of footage still takes you a minute to get through.

However, frame by frame audio scrubbing more than makes up for it right now and I can finally get back to work again. You guys saved my weekend!

And I also wanted to say a sincere thank you to you guys at Blackmagic for stepping up to troubleshoot and fix these issues based on our feedback here. I know you guys, just like most of the rest of us, weren't anticipating the entire editing ecosystem to be thrown up in the air two weeks ago. I, and I'm sure many others here, appreciate the effort you guys are making to get us all back to work.

Cliff

Return to posts index

Robin Moran
on Jul 8, 2011 at 1:07:46 pm

I've installed the beta drivers and still have playback problems in Premiere. The timeline stops right at a cut when using DSLR footage using Blackmagic 1080p DSLR setting. Premiere doesn't have a problem when using the standard DSLR setting.

I'm on a Mac Pro 8-core 2.4ghz
20gb ram
Quadro 4000

Return to posts index

Alessandro Cofanelli
on Jul 8, 2011 at 1:16:49 pm

Just installed the beta 3.
Audio scrub and frame by frame bug seems corrected, but i still have problems with JKL.
All right with 1X playback but as soon i increase rate, the audio goes faster but the video continue playing at 1X. Also the timeline cursor continue moving at 1X.

Moreover audio scrub in the timeline is not as accurate as in FCP, if i move too fast audio stop. But i think this depends from premiere (i have the same behavior on a no-blackmagic sequence).

---
Alessandro Cofanelli
Top Service Audiovisivi
http://www.topserviceitalia.com

Return to posts index

John Pale
on Jul 9, 2011 at 12:18:33 am

I have noticed the compatibility with the Mercury Engine has improved. A sequence of Canon DSLR footage that was redlined on beta 2 is now fully realtime (no line at all) on my system.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]