FORUMS: list search recent posts

Deal Breaker Issue with Bitrate range for web ready video production -- H.264 Pro Recorder

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrew Stone
Deal Breaker Issue with Bitrate range for web ready video production -- H.264 Pro Recorder
on Jul 7, 2011 at 7:47:28 pm

Hello Blackmagic People,

Received the H.264 Pro Recorder. Lots of things to like about it but I have come across something that is going to seriously hamper it's adaptation for producing web ready video. The quality scale only goes as low as 2.0 Mbit. Not everybody uses YouTube and Vimeo. In fact a lot of web producers want to retain their own content and host it themselves.

The primary reason I got the unit was to produce dailies and more importantly to be able to engage in long form event video and not have to deal with injest, rendering, outputting a contiguous Quicktime file and re-encoding for the web (the joy of Final Cut Pro).

I routinely produce web ready video between 350 and 550 Kbps when it is long form stuff, as in over an hour in length. This is impossible to do with your unit.

Is this an easy thing to add to the software? I bought this unit instead of a Teradek Cube thinking it would do the same thing but in a wired manner. 2 days to a very long shoot. Need to know ASAP if I should be ordering the other product.

Thanks in advance.

-Andrew Stone

--
Steadicam & Camera Operator

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]