FORUMS: list search recent posts

Blackmagic Intensity Shuttle and PPCS5 crashes

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Temmesfeld
Blackmagic Intensity Shuttle and PPCS5 crashes
on Jul 6, 2011 at 2:54:44 pm

I have been working with PPCS5 and the Intensity Shuttle for about 9 months now. I have a very powerful computer and I am editing with HDV footage. Over the last 9 months PPCS5 crashes about 5 times a day. Some days not at all but it has been pretty consistent. I have checked all my drivers and have tried to trouble shoot. It comes down to either PPCS5 is super buggy or the Black magic card is making it do this. Has anyone had this problem with this set up. Thanks for any info.

Return to posts index

Danny Hays
Re: Blackmagic Intensity Shuttle and PPCS5 crashes
on Jul 6, 2011 at 10:22:02 pm

Try disconnecting the Shuttle and edit some other video not captured from the Shuttle and see if it crashes. This will tell us if it's the Shuttle or not.

Return to posts index

David Temmesfeld
on Jul 7, 2011 at 3:18:07 am

I put the footage in a non Blackmagic codec timeline and I will try that out tomorrow all day. It sucks not having a monitor to view on though.

Return to posts index

Danny Hays
on Jul 7, 2011 at 3:34:46 am

Well if it doesn't crash with footage not captured from the Shuttle, plug it back to monitor from and see if it crashes. I capture as MJPEG and have no probelms with it. I use Sony vegas mostly.

Return to posts index

David Temmesfeld
on Jul 7, 2011 at 5:28:46 pm

I capture HDV from firewire and then edit on a Blackmagic timeline for monitoring. I would capture with the Shuttle but not having control of the camera sucks for logging the batch capture.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]