FORUMS: list search recent posts

Media Express won't capture from HDMI

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan Johnson
Media Express won't capture from HDMI
on Jun 30, 2011 at 3:00:35 pm

I just installed the Intensity pro card on my Mac Pro. The software versions I am running is 3.9.1 for Intensity pro and 2.2 for Media Express. I am using those versions because my system software is 10.5.8. My system prefs for Black magic are HDMI video and HDMI audio.

I have the black preview window my video is not captured. I went back to a much earlier version of the drivers and software but that doesn't work either. I put in an email to Blackmagic support but no response yet.

I have a lot of video to capture for work so any help is greatly appreciated.

thanks
Dan

Return to posts index

Danny Hays
Re: Media Express won't capture from HDMI
on Jun 30, 2011 at 6:15:20 pm

The capture settings and the source have to be the same or you will have what you have. What are you trying to capture from?

Return to posts index

Dan Johnson
on Jun 30, 2011 at 6:35:22 pm

I am trying to capture from a Canon Vixio HV30 HDV camera. I tried each of the capture settings in Media Express hoping one would work, but none did. Is there something else I haven't done?

Return to posts index

Dan Johnson
on Jun 30, 2011 at 8:06:53 pm

I downloaded another version of the drivers and software, version 3.8.1, and now it works.

Return to posts index

Danny Hays
on Jul 1, 2011 at 11:34:54 am

Cool. If you capture to your internal flash memory on your camera, you may as well use firewire to get the video on you computer as it's already compressed as .m2t HDV. If you capture via HDMI straight from the imager, live, without capturing to the camera, you bypass the .m2t compression and will get better quality video.

Hope this helps, Danny Hays

Return to posts index

Dan Johnson
on Jul 1, 2011 at 12:10:44 pm

Unfortunately, this camera uses Mini DV tapes. I found that capturing using the card via HDMI is about equal in quality to capturing using iMovie via firewire. I'll be sending the card back.

Return to posts index

Danny Hays
on Jul 1, 2011 at 7:29:25 pm

It's an HDV camera right. The quality is the same on MiniDV or mini HDV tape. The trick is to not use tape and capture live with the Intensity card. You will defently see a difference in quality. The downfall with this is you have to have your computer there. I use my cameras mostly in my studio so that's not an issue for me. But for only 200 dollars, and having the ability to capture HD, SD from almost any source and playback on any of it's outputs at the same time, you may want to keep it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]