FORUMS: list search recent posts

Use Decklink 3d to capture two completely seperate streams?

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eric Giesberg
Use Decklink 3d to capture two completely seperate streams?
on Jun 29, 2011 at 3:24:26 pm

So I know this question gets asked a decent amount around here on how to capture multiple streams simultaneously (and synced) to multiple files.

I was looking at my options, I can possibly get the Decklink Duo for ~$500 and use a 3rd party program such as ivsCapture Pro for $990.

I was curious to see if I could use two identical cameras with the Decklink HDextreme to record the seperate streams simultaneously and have them to save to different files instead. Is this possible, or am I better off just getting ivsCapture Pro?

Return to posts index

Eric Giesberg
Re: Use Decklink 3d to capture two completely seperate streams?
on Jun 29, 2011 at 4:52:49 pm

I'm sorry for doubling posting. The third option is Sony Vegas Pro. It seems to have the ability to record two streams simultaneously as well but I can't seem to verify this anywhere.

Return to posts index

Paolo Castellano
on Jul 1, 2011 at 12:36:30 pm

Hello Eric,
if you have to capture 2 streams only, in my opinion is better to get 2 Decklink SDI cards; the Decklink Duo lacks of the Serial Ports that can always be useful. If you need 4 or more inputs, or if you need 2 inputs and 2 outputs, it could be better to get 2 x Duo or 1xQuad (The Decklinks are not Full-Duplex).

Best Regards,

Paolo Castellano
http://www.ivs.it

Paolo.Castellano@ivs.it
http://www.ivsEdits.com
-----------------------
"Post Fata Resurgo"

Return to posts index

Eric Giesberg
on Jul 5, 2011 at 7:05:45 pm

Thank you for the quick response.

Is the full duplex really necessary? We only really need the outputs on these as pass-throughs/downconverters to NTSC for an overhead TV (for monitoring the feeds). I assume if I didn't read incorrectly that they can do this without an issue while still allowing recording into the computer.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]