FORUMS: list search recent posts

SDI to analog mini converter - no color on composite out

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave Marks
SDI to analog mini converter - no color on composite out
on Jun 28, 2011 at 9:06:12 pm

SDI to Analog mini converter: HD SDI in from BMD Studio Hub. Using mini converter to go to 4:3 SD. I cannot get color output on the composite output. Downloaded latest firmware and tried the BMD miniconverter utility software with the same results.
Switch settings from 1 - 8 are 1 off, 2 off, 3 on, 4 off, 5 on, 6 on, 7 off, 8 off.

I know I'm missing something obvious here.

Thanks!
Dave Marks

Return to posts index

Christopher Harris
Re: SDI to analog mini converter - no color on composite out
on Jun 30, 2011 at 12:13:42 am

Dave, how funny that we both had the same problem today. When I found your question, all I was searching for was what the firmware upgrade actually did (still don't have an answer)...Anyway, regarding your query:

---
Switch settings from 1 - 8 are 1 off, 2 off, 3 on, 4 off, 5 on, 6 on, 7 off, 8 off.

I know I'm missing something obvious here.
---

I'm going from HD-SDI to S-Video. My settings: 1 on, 2 off, 3 off, 4 off, 5 on, 6 off, 7 off, 8 off.

Changing 1 to On will probably fix your issue as it is the Down Converter. I found this in Blackmagic Converter Utility Manual that clued me in:

If a high definition signal is received and the Down Converter is set to “Off”, high definition video will be output. When one of the down conversion options is selected and a high definition source is received by the Mini Converter, standard definition will be output.
When the mini switches on the Mini Converter SDI to Analog are set to S-Video or composite video, no video will be seen on the output when Down Converter is set to “Off”, as S-Video and composite video only support standard definition video. The down-converted video can be used with component, S-Video or composite analog video for NTSC or PAL, as all three types of analog video support standard definition.

Christopher

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]