FORUMS: list search recent posts

Intensity pro : pc to pc capture with dvi -> hdmi cable

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom Kerliel
Intensity pro : pc to pc capture with dvi -> hdmi cable
on Jun 24, 2011 at 9:55:56 pm

Hello,

I recently purchase an intensity pro card. I'm looking to capture from my Nvidia Gtx 280 in PC1 with the intensity card in PC2. I've been trying to get it to work for two days without success. I hope, and would be very thankful if some of you could help me find a solution.

The Gtx 280 has two Dvi output so I must use a Dvi to Hdmi cable. I tried every resolution but still get a black screen under media express. I know that the intensity card is working because I've been able to capture the video from my Xbox 360 (with component cables).

Tom.

Return to posts index

Alex Gerulaitis
Re: Intensity pro : pc to pc capture with dvi -> hdmi cable
on Jun 24, 2011 at 10:25:56 pm

I don't have a solution so take this with a grain of salt: have you tried running that HDMI output to a regular TV and see if it shows?

DVI isn't quite like HDMI - it attempts to "talk" to the other end, get information about what that other end can accept, and adjust the parameters to match it. It's entirely possible that the DVI port and the Intensity Pro HDMI input don't quite understand each other.

What may work is running the output through any sort of a pass-through system like a TV or an amp with HDMI pass-through (output) that you could try connecting to the Intensity input.

Alex (DV411)

Return to posts index

Tom Kerliel
Re: Intensity pro : pc to pc capture with dvi -> hdmi cable
on Jun 25, 2011 at 8:43:34 pm

Thank you very much, problem solved :)
I had to plug the hdmi end in my tv first so that my graphic card set an hdtv resolution. (couldn't manage to do it under a pc monitor).
Again thank you!

Tom.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]