FORUMS: list search recent posts

Trouble exporting to tape via Blackmagic deck control

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Stack
Trouble exporting to tape via Blackmagic deck control
on Jun 23, 2011 at 8:25:48 pm

In PP CS5, after playing around with various sequence and project settings at some point I've been able to export a couple of shows but not without a dropout here and there. Today, once I felt I had all my settings just right I can't even get the deck control to record more than a couple of seconds, and when I did the audio was out of sync. I've resorted to a crash/record without deck control just to get the show playing. But I have to figure this out today for my deadlines. I have a show with closed captioning which will require deck control.

I'm working with:

MOBO: ASUS P6X58D-E
Intel Hex Core i7 970
RAM: 16GB
Microsoft Win 7 Professional, 64bit
GeForce GTX470
System drive: Western Digital VelociRaptor, 10,000RPM
DECKLINK HD EXTREME card
SONY BETA SP DECK, PVW-2800
PP CS5

BTW, the show is playing out without any dropouts with my crash/record. My shows are in SD and my sequence settings are...

Return to posts index

David Stack
Re: Trouble exporting to tape via Blackmagic deck control
on Jun 24, 2011 at 1:42:05 pm

UPDATE: I'm successfully playing out a sequence from another project with deck control, however every few minutes it STOPS. In a 30 minute show it stops randomly about 3 times. It's frustrating and will be a problem when I'm encoding closed captioning to the tape as well if this keeps up. I haven't seen any dropouts yet.

Return to posts index

Pentti Kakkori
on Jun 25, 2011 at 6:07:54 pm

Do you have Premiere Pro project Auto Save on?
If you have, take it off before exporting to tape.

Return to posts index

David Stack
on Jun 27, 2011 at 12:38:31 pm

Thanks for the tip. I'll give that a shot. Although if that were the issue wouldn't it stop in increments of 10, 15, 20 or however many minutes I have set for autosave? These stops seem to be totally random.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]