FORUMS: list search recent posts

Codecs the white magic

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
eric Thompson
Codecs the white magic
on Jun 22, 2011 at 5:56:56 pm

I'm trying to put some PSAs on to tape that I got from a tv station. They are quicktime files and I had to download an avid codec to read in to my final cut. Now that I'm trying to master them to tape the video freezes on the record but the audio continues. The PSA plays just fine in my Final Cut but no dice when it goes through my black magic. Any ideas?

Return to posts index

John Pale
Re: Codecs the white magic
on Jun 22, 2011 at 8:15:02 pm

You need to convert to ProRes. Most of the Avid codecs won't play through a Decklink or Kona.

Return to posts index

eric Thompson
on Jun 22, 2011 at 9:11:21 pm

Thanks for the tip but how do I do that? I've looked inside my sequence settings and tried to switch to an Apple Pro Res codec but I end up with the same result. I edit a clip show and will need to make this work with the rest of my project on the same timeline. Will changing my video playback settings screw that up?
Thanks for your time.
Eric

Return to posts index

John Pale
on Jun 23, 2011 at 5:50:53 am

Use Compressor.

Return to posts index

John Pale
on Jun 23, 2011 at 5:53:50 am

Sorry...bad mousing...

Use Compressor to convert your footage to Pro Res before editing. There is a preset for ProRes.

If you drop them in a Pro Res timeline and render, it should work too....but make sure the frame size and frame rate match the source file.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]