FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP X Support?

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jamie Pence
FCP X Support?
on Jun 22, 2011 at 1:17:38 am

Will we see driver support for FCP X soon?

Thanks!

Jamie

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: FCP X Support?
on Jun 22, 2011 at 1:42:18 am

after reading all the crap that is happening with FCP X - are you really going to switch to
FCP X ? Even if BMD releases a driver tomorrow ?

Are you reading the other forums, like the FCP X forum ?

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Jamie Pence
on Jun 22, 2011 at 1:55:27 am

Oh yeah... I've been reading. Believe me. I downloaded it this morning and It's not even close to ready.

Glad I switched to Premiere Pro a few months back, I love being able to cut in real-time in a 5700 X 1080 comp. Phantom & Red footage works perfect. Standard HD is sooo smooth.

I was more curious to see Blackmagic's position on FCP X.

Hopefully Blackmagic is working on a NLE... :) They seem to be the ONLY company now besides Adobe that understands what the professional wants.

BTW, do you run MetaSan Bob?

Jamie

Return to posts index

Danny Hays
on Jun 22, 2011 at 2:53:41 am

My Mac died almost a year ago and I just can't find a reason to get another. All the Horror stories about FCP X, no onboard USB 3, cant edit 1080 60p, all of which I need. I have two i7 PCs, one desktop and a Sony Vaio i7 laptop with Vegas Pro 10 and CS5. I don't need anything else. This Vaio laptop with Vegas 10 edits native 1080 60p .mts files with what looks like realtime preview, (no effects). It was just over $900. I built my desktop i7 for under a grand and use the Shuttle with it. What do you want??

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Jun 22, 2011 at 10:55:17 pm

BTW, do you run MetaSan Bob?

Jamie

Nope - I developed Final Share, which uses no software other than what Apple gives you.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Steve Connor
on Jun 27, 2011 at 4:14:54 pm

Still no answer to the original question, at least can anyone from BMD tell us when they might tell us?

Steve Connor
Adrenalin Television

Have you tried "Search Posts"? Enlightenment may be there.

Return to posts index

Chee Wee Tan
on Jun 28, 2011 at 2:46:52 am

I heard on the floor (during Broadcast Asia) that they are working on a fix. BUT it will be something like what Aja is doing!

Maybe they are trying to do differently otherwise, which explain the delay. Or they are waiting for Lion and Thunderbolt on MacPro?

Budget always not enuff.
http://www.dogbonepost.com

Return to posts index

Matt Dowling
on Jun 28, 2011 at 6:06:00 am

Hi Steve,

The new Final Cut Pro is a complete rewrite of the software and because of this, not all the features we need are included in the first release. Blackmagic Design and Apple are working very closely to improve compatibility and to iron out any compatibility issues. Please be patient while we work to improve compatibility.

The good news is you can use the current Blackmagic Design drivers and Media Express with FCP X. It's worth noting FCP X defaults to ProRes rending and export which is fine if your workflow is ProRes, but if you want to use anything else such as Uncompressed 10 bit, all you need to do is set up your projects when you start them, to use uncompressed as the render codec. You can then import, render and export to 10 bit uncompressed.

With the current version of Blackmagic Media Express, you can capture, batch capture, log clips, import EDLs and master to tape frame accurately.

We are doing a major update to Media Express in the coming week or so which has a lot more specific features for FCP X but for now the current version of Media Express will get you up and running.

If you need real time preview now, you can use a Mini Converter HDMI to SDI or DVI Extender products to provide a real time video preview. When connected to the second monitor port of your Mac, the monitor will automatically work at the selected video resolution and then you can play full screen to this monitor in Final Cut Pro X and get SDI video output.

Regards,

Matt
Blackmagic Design

Return to posts index

Steve Connor
on Jun 28, 2011 at 8:02:11 am

Matt, thanks for the reply, look forward to the updates when they happen

Steve Connor
Adrenalin Television

Have you tried "Search Posts"? Enlightenment may be there.

Return to posts index

Nathan Prendergast
on Jul 4, 2011 at 11:08:00 am

Thanks Matt, so currently do the HDMI or SDI outputs on the deckilink range work with fcp x? And if not is that coming?

Thanks

Nathan

Return to posts index

Nathan Prendergast
on Jul 4, 2011 at 11:25:44 am

Thanks Matt. Does the existing deckling range (of which I run 4) work in both HDMI and SDI output currently with FCP X? And if not is this feature coming soon?

Thanks

Nathan Prendergast
Ignition Productions
Sydney, Australia

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]