FORUMS: list search recent posts

Decklink Studio 2 - Analog Audio Output problems via FCP

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jonathan Marlow
Decklink Studio 2 - Analog Audio Output problems via FCP
on Jun 19, 2011 at 4:31:12 pm

Hi,

I'm using FCP 6.0.6 and a Decklink Studio 2 card sending S-Video out and Ch 1 & 2 Analog Audio via a 1/4" Stereo to RCA adapter. I get nothing but blown out static! Sometimes it varies between hearing over-modulated sound and static, but it's mostly just junk.

I've played with the analog audio output settings in the system prefs, but to no avail. Anybody experience this using the analog audio outputs? I did not buy gold plated 1/4" to RCA adapters so I'm thinking that could be the culprit. Just wanted to know if anybody had a similar problem with this card.

If I can't get it to work I'll just scrap the whole thing and buy an HD set taking the HDMI out for audio and video. But would be nice to get this working in the mean time.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Paul Roach
Re: Decklink Studio 2 - Analog Audio Output problems via FCP
on Jun 22, 2011 at 10:08:51 am

I am pretty sure your problem is the same as mine.

http://www.blackmagic-design.com/support/detail/supportnotes/supportnote/?s...

Click above for more details, just a note though i had to try a number of different cables because for some reason they did not work even though they were stereo jacks.

One thing i did notice is that if you didn't put the cable all the way in it worked, confused yeah i was too.

Return to posts index

Jonathan Marlow
on Jun 24, 2011 at 5:12:13 pm

It's very strange. I purchased a bunch of 1/4" to RCA adapters from monoprice.com, including mono and stereo adapers. I'll try not plugging in all the way. If all else fails I'll just abandon and go HDMI with an HD set.

Thanks for your input.

-JD

Return to posts index

Mark Whitney
on Jul 3, 2011 at 8:41:22 pm

Thanks for the link to that tip. I tried this morning to get to BMD's support page but the link is broken.

I've been going in circles trying to resolve this very issue. Just built a new system and couldn't use my MultiBridge Pro with it (single lane PCI-e slot instead of 4-lane), so picked up a DeckLink Studio II.

I see no mention of the phono plug needing to be stereo in the manual. Why would anyone suspect that a single channel output would require anything other than a mono jack??? Silly.

The manual states:
Professional analog audio levels and XLR audio connectors are standard on DeckLink and Multibridge products. If you need to connect to consumer audio equipment with analog RCA inputs, enable the option to Use HiFi Audio Levels and use an inexpensive XLR to RCA adapter for each audio connection.

Well, this isn't quite true. The MultiBrige uses XLR but if you don't have HDMI access, the only options on the DeckLink breakout cluster are BNC, Phono, and S-Vid.

Anyway, thanks again. I'll pick up some stereo adapters when I can after the holiday. In the meantime, I've been able to set the BMD Control Panel Analog Audio Outs to -12 dB and get by. The distortion fortunately is only on playback and doesn't actually record to captured clips.

Mark

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]