FORUMS: list search recent posts

Studio Video Hub - Expansion Port?

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave Gorrie
Studio Video Hub - Expansion Port?
on Jun 16, 2011 at 2:05:18 am

Hi There,

We've been really happy with our studio video hub...we're just getting really close to hitting all of our connections...I've always wondered what the expansion port is on there for. Anyone know?

It would be awesome if we could link up two of these units...we don't really need the broadcast videohub, it's just way too big for us.

Just thought I would check on here see if anyone knew!

-D

Return to posts index

Sam Cole
Re: Studio Video Hub - Expansion Port?
on Jun 17, 2011 at 1:31:22 am

We had a similar issue with our 12x24 HD workgroup hub router.
We already had a Pesa SD 24x16 SDI router and linked 2 outputs from the Pesa to the Workgroup and visa versa.
Then later we had to expand our HD routing so we got another 12x24 Workgroup hub and linked to that as well (including the 422 controls).

The only problem was that each Workgroup hub required its own USB interface to a computer with its own IP address. So we had to instal separate networked computers for each. Thats where those old notebook PC's come in handy. In fact we had two 8 year old Dell notebooks running both hubs. Waste not, want mot!

I suppose the next step is to sell the lot and instal a new 72x72 Workgroup hub; then what?!?

Sam Cole
On line Mastering Facility
FCP, Avid, Adobe
Sydney, Australia

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Jun 21, 2011 at 12:47:59 am

you could buy the 40 x 40 for only $4995 - that 's a big step up (but no RS422).

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Sam Cole
on Jun 21, 2011 at 1:41:41 am

Thanks Bob - we looked at that 40x40 option but we really need the deck routing. Besides, how soon will we outgrow the 40x40!!!

Sam Cole
On line Mastering Facility
FCP, Avid, Adobe
Sydney, Australia

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]