FORUMS: list search recent posts

Intensity Pro - Can't capture with component settings

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kevin McGuire
Intensity Pro - Can't capture with component settings
on Jun 15, 2011 at 2:30:05 pm

Hi:

I have an Intensity Pro card installed in Mac Pro (2008). I'm running 10.6.7, recently updated the BlackMagic Software to 8.0.1 and I use FCP 7.

Upon try to log and capture in FCP from a component/RCA source, I discovered the Video appears in Black & white and there is no sound coming in.

I checked the BlackMagic System panel and it was set correctly. I also reset all settings in FCP with the same results. I even tried Black Magic Express (which I normally don't use).

I also tried connected different video devices (cable box, 2 dvd players) using component and got the same results.

In frustration, I've now tried both S-Video and Composite settings and both of those work (including the cable box and 2 dvd players) Switching back to component from all 4 devices still yields the same results (B&W video, no sound). In pulling and re-connecting individual cables, it seems only the Y connection shows a video signal - when I unplug Y and leave B&R connected, there's no video at all.

I'm pretty stumped right now; component video has always worked previously.

Any help someone can give would be really appreciated.

Thanks!

Kevin

Return to posts index

Scott Francis
Re: Intensity Pro - Can't capture with component settings
on Jun 15, 2011 at 3:21:46 pm

On PC there is a Blackmagic panel that is hard to find that allows you to select what the inputs and outputs you are using should be. I do not know if that is on a Mac, but maybe that is the issue...just a thought!
Good luck!

Scott Francis
Mind's Eye Audio/Video Productions

Return to posts index

Kevin McGuire
on Jun 15, 2011 at 4:00:25 pm

Yes, that's the Blackmagic Design System Preference Panel I referenced in my post.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Danny Hays
on Jun 15, 2011 at 7:57:56 pm

Do you have it set to capture 480i NTSC? use component in. Are you using 3 component rca cables for Red Blu and green? Are you connecting the oudio from the computer to the audio inputs of the Intensity rca ins??

Return to posts index

Joshua Helling
on Jun 21, 2011 at 5:58:02 pm

If Component capture has always worked well in the past I would check a couple of things.

First off, the keep it simple solution. Check your blue difference (B-Y, blue RCA) and red difference (R-Y, red RCA) cables.

I know this seems over simplistic, but make sure the cables are good (that you are NOT using a Yellow/Red/White RCA set), and that the are connected firmly. Also make sure that the Red and Blue RCA cables are plugged into the INPUT on the breakout cable, not the output cable.

Since your issue definitely seems to be centered around your component not getting the chroma signals I would start there.

Once you've checked that, I would check your source device and make sure that it is outputting component and not composite or S-Video which could yield similar results.

Finally if all that isn't the issue try with a different component source. If you have the same issue there may be something wrong with the card.

Good luck and you can contact us if you want help walking through any of that.

Sincerely,

Joshua
Director of Support
Blackmagic Design Inc.

Return to posts index

Sig Rannem
on Apr 27, 2013 at 4:20:22 pm

Hello,

I am also having problems with the Intensity Pro card and component input. However, I get no signal coming through at all. I have tried my card on two different PCs running Media Express without success. The HDMI input works fine as do all the outputs. I have double, triple ... checked the input specification (by going to start>control panel>blackmagic>set input), but no luck. I have used three different component signal sources with each PC and those signal sources have been verified as working by connecting them to a HD TV.

Any similar experiences or suggestions for what might be wrong?

Thanks,
Sig

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]