FORUMS: list search recent posts

Video card recommendations next to the BlackMagicDesign card?

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Fred Jodry
Video card recommendations next to the BlackMagicDesign card?
on Jun 13, 2011 at 8:26:15 pm

If one is only using one monitor, what are the video card recommendations next to the BlackMagicDesign card?
Also in particular, can the BD card be used as the main or only video card of the motherboard?

Return to posts index

Alex Gerulaitis
Re: Video card recommendations next to the BlackMagicDesign card?
on Jun 14, 2011 at 2:09:46 am

Which BMD card is it, and what application(s) do you plan to run on the system?

BMD cards aren't graphics cards and can't drive your display (user interface) monitor.

Alex (DV411)

Return to posts index

Fred Jodry
on Jun 14, 2011 at 2:39:43 am

Some, like the Intensity Pro or Intensity (regular) have red, green, blue, audio, and other outputs that you can run to your live mixing (remixing etc) board, your display etc. during capture and edit, it appears. It would be very convenient if it could be made to run main audio and video too from the time of tossing the drivers CD into the computer. A single thread approach to production.

Return to posts index

Alex Gerulaitis
on Jun 14, 2011 at 2:46:57 am

I see what you mean; some video I/O cards can indeed MIRROR main user interface display output to a video monitor or be used as a 2nd UI display monitor. I haven't heard of a video I/O card that also allows to drive a UI display monitor in a headless (graphics-card-less) system. (The exception is of course a card that combines graphics and video I/O - like Matrox Parhelia - I think.)

Alex (DV411)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]