FORUMS: list search recent posts

Media Express 3

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bernard Newnham
Media Express 3
on Jun 12, 2011 at 9:23:53 am

Is there a release date for Media Express 3 ?

Bernard Newnham

Return to posts index

Danny Hays
Re: Media Express 3
on Jun 13, 2011 at 10:19:28 pm

(Availability and Price
Media Express 3 will be available in June free of charge from the Blackmagic Design web site.)

From BM website

Return to posts index

Bernard Newnham
on Jun 14, 2011 at 7:18:13 pm

Yes, I read that too.

B

bernie

Return to posts index

John Pale
on Jun 15, 2011 at 3:49:43 am

My guess is it will release simultaneously with FCP X... replacing built in Log and Capture in Final Cut Pro.

Return to posts index

Danny Hays
on Jun 15, 2011 at 6:46:25 am

"Log and capture",? Like from a tape in an HDV camera? If so, I don't see the point as it's already compressed as.m2t HDV. You may as well use firewire to capture. I capture straight from the imager of my HDV camera, bypassing the .m2t compression. I don't see much improvement with a Shuttle, unless they finally have 1080p60 capture working.

Return to posts index

Danny Hays
on Jun 15, 2011 at 7:04:16 am

Let me rephrase that. I don't see much improvement using Media Express 3 per the specs with a Shuttle. I see great improvement the Shuttle to capture of an HDV camera from the imager as mjpeg.

Return to posts index

Bernard Newnham
on Jun 15, 2011 at 8:54:15 pm

Media Express has lots of potential other than just capturing in various formats. There's something I need, and it would be good if ME3 provided it, thus saving me buying competitors products when i already have a BM card.

They said a June release, and now it's June. As I have vague deadlines, I just wondered when in june.

B

Return to posts index

John Pale
on Jun 16, 2011 at 3:56:48 am

[Danny Hays] "Log and capture",? Like from a tape in an HDV camera?"

Its been strongly suggested that the forthcoming FCP-X no longer has any tape based functionality. No capture tool from tape, no edit to tape. Only file based ingest built in. You want to work with tape, you need Media Express from Blackmagic or whatever your card vendor (AJA, Matrox, etc.) provides.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]