FORUMS: list search recent posts

Blackmagic Intensity Shuttle-Interesting Issue

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Edison Nguyen
Blackmagic Intensity Shuttle-Interesting Issue
on Jun 4, 2011 at 12:33:08 am

So here's the situation...I have the Blackmagic Intensity Shuttle and it works fine; however, it only works on drivers 7.7.1 and 7.7.0....any other driver above that would cause my Blackmagic Control Panel to be greyed out and also Media Express to not recognize the card. Any clue what's going on? My Renesas USB 3.0 driver version and firmware are up to date.
Driver Version 2.1.16.0
Firmware Version 3027
And I have checked the "Disable USB 3.0 power management functions"

Return to posts index

Danny Hays
Re: Blackmagic Intensity Shuttle-Interesting Issue
on Jun 5, 2011 at 4:05:08 pm

I use the Shuttle with the latest drivers, but I had to uninstall all BM drivers and software before loading the newest Video Desktop then Media Express.

Return to posts index

Edison Nguyen
on Jun 5, 2011 at 5:40:18 pm

I've tried that already...uninstalling and starting from scratch and also installing without it plugged in and all that good stuff...still doesn't work but again, as soon as I install 7.7.1 or 7.7.0, it works.

Return to posts index

Danny Hays
on Jun 5, 2011 at 10:52:10 pm

Are you letting it do a firmware update? It prompts me to do so when ever I switch drivers.

Return to posts index

Edison Nguyen
on Jun 5, 2011 at 10:54:02 pm

Never got that popup. Not even with 7.7.1, if there is one for that version.

Return to posts index

Danny Hays
on Jun 5, 2011 at 11:19:06 pm

You didn't ever get a popup saying you need to upgrade the firmware on your Shuttle?? FYI, stopping a firmware update during the process will usually ruin the device as with any firmware update on any device. It prompts me to do so everytime I changed drivers. I believe it prompts me after installing Video desktop, reboot, then it prompts me, before I install Media Express.
On the upside, the new drivers only added the ability to capture 480p, so unless you want to do that, your not gaining anything so keep using the firmware that works. Hope this helps, Danny Hays

Return to posts index

Edison Nguyen
on Jun 5, 2011 at 11:25:34 pm

I've never stopped the update and never got that popup since day 1...but seriously? From 7.7.1 to 7.8.1, the only difference is the 480p support? In that case, I won't worry but I would still like to figure this out if there's any future updates.

Return to posts index

Danny Hays
on Jun 6, 2011 at 1:37:54 am

I don't blame you for wanting to know why this is happening. I don't think 480p was added until desktop 8.0 so other than that, I can't do anything more with it than you. They were supposed to add 1080p60 capture but it's still not supported. I have the Shuttle at work and at home and both have had me do firmware updates. Maybe there's something wrong with it. If it's still relativly new, maybe you could get in touch with BM tech support and see what your options are. What motherboard are you using by the way? Does it have an x58 or P55 chipset on it?

Return to posts index

Edison Nguyen
on Jun 6, 2011 at 1:44:19 am

Ok, never thought anything would be wrong with the Shuttle itself since it still works fine, just not with latest drivers. I had pre-ordered the Shuttle so I've had it since it came out.

My motherboard is Gigabyte ex58-ud3r and the USB 3.0 card I'm using is the ASUS Model U3S6.

Thank you for your help.

Return to posts index

Danny Hays
on Jun 6, 2011 at 3:38:12 am

That MB is fine for the Shuttle as is the USB3 card. Having to use old drivers isn't an issue now, but if they enable 1080p60, Alot of people would be upset, as they want to capture 1080p60 XBOX games.

Return to posts index

Edison Nguyen
on Jun 6, 2011 at 3:40:25 am

Yup and that's my only use of the Shuttle...haha. Guess it will do...for now.

Return to posts index

Danny Hays
on Jun 6, 2011 at 5:14:03 am

I don't have an Xbox so how are you capturing from it? I read on many forums they output 1080p60.Is there a setting on the Xbox for output? to 1080i or 720p? Many people would be interested how your doing it.

Return to posts index

Edison Nguyen
on Jun 6, 2011 at 8:18:53 pm

Sorry for the late reply...was busy at work.

Basically yes, the Xbox 360 outputs 1080p @ 60fps so it's not compatible with the Shuttle at that resolution yet. I capture via HDMI using Motion Jpeg (I can do uncompressed but feel that it's unneccessary) and 720p 59.940 fps. 720p would be better for gaming over 1080i because of interlacing and mainly screen lag.

There's no other special equipment I use so it's simple plug n play.

Return to posts index

Mark Wilson
on Jun 6, 2011 at 11:30:00 pm

Hi Edison,

Just noticed your thread. I had precisely the same problem (works with 7.7.1, but no newer firmware, and never asks to update). In the end I asked Blackmagic support to update the firmware for me, and they agreed willingly. However, they sent me a NEW unit back so I can only assume that mine was defective.

I would suggest you send your shuttle back for repair/replacement.

Return to posts index

Edison Nguyen
on Jun 7, 2011 at 12:05:22 am

Hi Mark,

Thank you for your reply, will give them a call soon! :)

Also, thank you Danny for your help as well.

Edison

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]