FORUMS: list search recent posts

decklink HD extreme 3d + HDlink box????

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
frank Delaney
decklink HD extreme 3d + HDlink box????
on Jun 3, 2011 at 11:23:13 am

Hi There folks, can someone please tell me in simpler terms than blackmagic's website does.

I am looking at getting a decklink HDextreme 3d card. I know there's a HDMI out to an external monitor, all is well here I know exactly what the card does and what it will give me.....

However, someone has recomended I also get a HDlink box aswell - purely for the LUTS and calibration utilities and color accurate monitoring(cheaper than gettign a flanders or crt). I do also use apple color and after effects. So I would love to be able to get accurate color. Thats what the HDlink pro promises on the BM website.

Is this overkill? It seems to me that I am already getting HDMI out client monitoring from the decklink card. I am confused as to what the HDlink gives me that the decklink doesnt, and why I would need it aswell as a decklink?

Would I be adding a HDlink just for calibration utilities? And is this just an expensive way of getting these utilities - it seems overkill.

Do these HD link utilities come with the decklink?

I want to get my client monitor as close to correct calibration as poss and cant get a pro calibrator out to me.

Any advice here would be greatly appreciated.I am confused as to what extra the HDlink box gives me....

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]