Ultra Scope/Black level adjustment

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jay agoglia
Ultra Scope/Black level adjustment
on Jun 2, 2011 at 5:18:23 pm

Hi All!

asking the professionals what I should use to:

Monitor sdi (SD&HD) video signals from VTRs (Digi beta, HD Cam, HD Cam SR)to analyse and display black/white/color video levels to determine legal/illegal video levels?

also what is the best way to adjust these levels to proper specs when proceeding to capture/encode/digitize?

I was looking at the black magic ultra scope so that I may patch in any video signal and see multiple video displays. But I believe I can not adjust the levels in the ultra scope software. Is this correct?

Do I adjust the signal from the decks or with a separate hard ware/ software unit?

we commonly receive many commercial spots by digi beta tapes and FTP (playing out a vela card sd&hd) and need to input this method of monitoring video levels and hopefully adjusting levels as well. We use clip-mail and pipeline mostly to encode and digitize.

any help of thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

thank you !!

-Jason A

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: Ultra Scope/Black level adjustment
on Jun 2, 2011 at 9:49:27 pm

the Ultrascope is a scope. You don't fix things with a scope.
You adjust your levels with a proc amp, or TBC adjustments on your VTR. No matter what anyone tells you, you are never going to learn how to adjust levels on a user forum like this. You need to be trained. You can go to http://www.tek.com, and look up to see if they have any training material on reading a waveform monitor.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

jay agoglia
Re: Ultra Scope/Black level adjustment
on Jun 3, 2011 at 12:01:36 am

Thanks Bob!

I will check the link and start learning about the controls and adjustable parameters on our VTRs.

thanks again,
-j

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]