FORUMS: list search recent posts

Which capture card to buy from Blackmagic? DeckLink, Intensity Pro...?

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Javi ba
Which capture card to buy from Blackmagic? DeckLink, Intensity Pro...?
on May 31, 2011 at 11:57:39 pm

Hi,
I am a worker/student from a research group of Girona. We want to capture video at high resolution (HDTV, 1080i) from a HDMI source coming from a camera Canon (EOS 550D). The problem is that we want to capture at the same time signals of force and displacement from a test machine. Finally, the goal is to obtain an image overlaid with data of those signals. Then, if we could start capture from a p.e. a compiled program written in C++, we could synchronize all signals. We can start the capture of force and displacement signals from a compiled program in C++ that controls a test machine.
I'd like to know if I can start to capture from a program written in C++ (or VB.net) at resolution of 1920x1080 with Blackmagic capture cards.
If that can be possible, which one I have to buy?

I read characteristics of few Blackmagic models but I don't be sure which is suitable for my purpose.

Equipment we have:
Device output: Canon EOS 550D with HDMI source
Monitor: One that support HD resolution (1920x1080i)
PC: A PC with PCi-Express slot (this can changes)

Capture cards I would choose are:
-Intensity Pro
-DeckLink

This two capture cards have HDMI inputs, but I don't know which is the best. Like I said before, we need to initialize capture from a program written in C++ (or VB.net) and in the documentation of Blackmagic SDK wasn't very clear about if Intensity Pro is supported to record movies.

I'll be grateful if anybody can help me to choose the best option.
Thanks!

Javi.

PD: I tried to search an email support for Blackmagic doubts, but I didn't find any email in Blackmagic web, only emails for the Press.
:-(

d a specialized information about its programming, I would be grateful.
Regards,

Return to posts index

Alex Gerulaitis
Re: Which capture card to buy from Blackmagic? DeckLink, Intensity Pro...?
on Jun 3, 2011 at 12:01:46 am

There does not appear to be an SDK for Intensity Pro - so I'd go with the Decklink.

Alex (DV411)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]