FORUMS: list search recent posts

Mini Converter Analog to SDI - Problem importing from Camera component out

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nicolas Bigler
Mini Converter Analog to SDI - Problem importing from Camera component out
on May 24, 2011 at 5:02:02 am

I have a small HD camera Canon HFS100 (spec) which I am trying to connect to our system using the Blackmagic Analog to SDI miniconverter.

I'm trying to use the camera's component output in 1080i but without success.
From the camera's manual:

and on the Blackmagic mini converter:

The only thing I get on my video mixer (Panasonic AW-HS50E) is a black screen with every 15 seconds white lines flickering for about 0.5 seconds.

Is it an other type of signal incompatibility in between consumer and pro equipment. Both connection are called Component. Are they different? Am I doing anything wrong?

Inputs to reduce my ignorance are more than welcome...

Regards

Nicolas Bigler
http://www.bigloose.com

Return to posts index

Zack Pittman
Re: Mini Converter Analog to SDI - Problem importing from Camera component out
on May 24, 2011 at 7:11:42 am

Nicolas,

Ive just recently built 5 rigs with the AW-HS50 in it (assuming the E is the european verson?)

Based off what I know about the non E version, at 1080i the switcher will only accept 2 refresh rates 50, and 59.94. (The entire switchers mode can only be set to one or the other).

Looking at the spec sheet you provided a link to, i couldnt find what the refresh rate of your camera shoots at, but with a little googling, I believe it shoots at 60.

So your inputing 1080i/60 and your switcher probably wants 1080i/59.94. It's frustrating, i know. You think why can't the switcher be a little forgiving and accept 60.... well thats one reason they were probably able to price it so low.

FYI the blackmagic Analog to SDI (and most BM Mini Converters) are pass throughs. meaning they dont convert your refresh rate. what you put in is what you get out.

Hope that helps
Z

Thx

Z

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]