FORUMS: list search recent posts

Blackmagic installation of Hardware into Mac Pro tower.

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Larry Ray  Causey II
Blackmagic installation of Hardware into Mac Pro tower.
on May 18, 2011 at 8:41:12 pm

I'm trying to instal the black magic intensity pro hardware into my mac pro tower.
Having a time trying to fit it in the slot properly. Is there forum for this with good pictures. I have 3 open slots in the back that i removed and can not seem to fit the Blackmagic card in any.
I'd appreciate any assistance. and yes i do feel like an idiot cause i can't seem to find anyone else with the same issue. Cheers!

Larry Ray Causey II
3933 County Rd. 317
Mckinney Tx

817-800-4101

Return to posts index

Chad Brewer
Re: Blackmagic installation of Hardware into Mac Pro tower.
on May 18, 2011 at 11:29:44 pm

You do know that you have to take the entire side cover off the Mac Pro tower and install this from the inside, not through the back, right?

Chad Brewer
Senior Broadcast Videotape Operator
TeleVersions, LLC - Chicago

Return to posts index

Luke Maslen
on May 19, 2011 at 12:56:39 am

Hi Larry,

The terms we've used in the Intensity manual are the same as those in the PDF manual for your Mac Pro. Please refer to the section in your Mac Pro manual named Adding PCI Express Cards which also includes detailed illustrations. As the Intensity Pro card is very short, you can skip over any steps about the PCI slider and the retention bar as they only apply to very long cards. Once you have read that section of the Mac Pro manual, please refer to page 13 of the April 2011 edition of the Intensity manual which provides the following procedure.

Installing Intensity Pro in your Mac Pro
1. Shut down and remove the power plug from the back of your Mac Pro. This is a safety precaution before opening your computer. Ensure that you are statically discharged by using a static strap.
2. Remove the side cover of your Mac Pro to gain access to the PCI Express slots.
3. Unscrew the captive screws in the PCI bracket and remove the bracket.
4. Remove your Intensity Pro card from the protective static bag making sure you don’t touch the gold connectors on the base of the card.
5. Find a spare PCI Express slot within the Mac Pro, any slot will do. Intensity Pro is a PCI Express 1 lane card and is compatible with 1, 4, 8 and 16 lane PCIe slots. Remove the port access cover from the slot in which you plan to install the card.
6. Insert your Intensity Pro PCI Express card and ensure it clicks firmly into place.
7. Replace the PCI bracket and tighten the captive screws to secure the card.
8. Replace the side cover of your Mac Pro.
9. Connect the breakout cable to Intensity Pro.
10. Connect HDMI devices, such as AVCHD cameras to Intensity Pro’s HDMI input.
11. Connect HDMI compatible large screen televisions or projectors to the HDMI output.

Regards,

Luke Maslen
Blackmagic Design

Return to posts index

Joshua Helling
on May 19, 2011 at 1:13:05 am

Also you can give our office a call and one of the techs can help walk you through that.

Sincerely,

Joshua
Director of Support
Blackmagic Design Inc.

Return to posts index

Larry Ray  Causey II
on May 19, 2011 at 3:07:03 pm

thanks guys! I'll probably call cause i had no luck with all this info so far.

I'll let you know what my problem was, in case someone else has this same issue.

peace.

Larry Ray Causey II
3933 County Rd. 317
Mckinney Tx

817-800-4101

Return to posts index

Larry Ray  Causey II
on May 19, 2011 at 5:05:10 pm

Thanks fellas the Mac Pro Manual was all i needed.
I didn't realize i could take the PCI bracket entirely off. I thought i had to just loosen it to fit it.
Dummy me.
Thanks again for all the help.

Larry Ray Causey II
3933 County Rd. 317
Mckinney Tx

817-800-4101

Return to posts index

Luke Maslen
on May 19, 2011 at 11:53:49 pm

Hi Larry,

That's great news. Thanks for letting us know.

Regards,

Luke Maslen
Blackmagic Design

Return to posts index

Dan Schonberg
on May 14, 2012 at 4:19:18 pm

Is that an open customer tech service line? I just installed the same product and have a question about the software installation. Seems the software crashes upon opening. I wanted to see if it is my hunch which is that I need more memory. The requirements say 4gb but I have only 3gb in my mac pro dual core intel Xeon 2.66ghz running Mac OS 10.5.8. Is it safe to say that is the issue? Or could it be my OS is not current enough? Please don't say that though lol. Or could I have not installed the hardware properly? I am not sure what to check in my system profiler to confirm that?

Return to posts index

Dan Schonberg
on May 15, 2012 at 4:28:26 pm

fixed. i just needed the right drivers. I missed them somehow.

Return to posts index

Lentsoe Mamatela
on Apr 29, 2013 at 3:22:21 pm

Hello Luke

I have just purchased a bm deckling card which i have installed on my mac tower, i would like to calibrate to 10bit tv logic monitor i am using, would you know which steps i should be taking.

Lentsoe Mamatela
ZA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]