FORUMS: list search recent posts

Intensity supported frame rates

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeff Troiano
Intensity supported frame rates
on May 18, 2011 at 12:32:44 pm

I'm still trying to figure this out. If I am using a video card, for color correction (like a Blackmagic Intensity), and its listed frame rates supported are HD: 1080i50, 1080i59.94, 720p50, 720p59.94, does that mean if I am working in a 24p or 30p time line, that I won't be able to monitor through this card? I'm looking at cards, with HDMI to monitor a broadcast quality signal, for color correcting, and I am trying to figure out the whole "frame rate supported" thing. I'm on an all digital workflow, so I am not as much concerned with ingestion of video, as I am the signal that the card outputs to my color correcting monitor.

Can anyone offer a little clarification on the subject?

Jeff

Return to posts index

Danny Hays
Re: Intensity supported frame rates
on May 19, 2011 at 7:03:00 am

I have the Shuttle and using Media Express, I can only play those supported formats through the Shuttle. Vegas, Premiere and After Effects can use the Intensity for viewing. I believe those programs with a 24 fps video on the timeline of that NLE set to a supported format will be viewed via the Intensity. If nobody can confirm this, I will test it when I next use my Shuttle.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]