FORUMS: list search recent posts

Connector type on Decklink Quad and 4K?

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alex Geroulaitis
Connector type on Decklink Quad and 4K?
on May 11, 2011 at 9:19:16 pm

What is the technical specification of the connector type on Decklink Quad and 4K?

The product overview and tech specs pages don't seem to mention the connector type at all, the press release says "mini coax" which probably isn't the case because Mini Coax connectors I've seen look different.

(It appears to be an "HD-BNC" connector (see Wikipedia and Amphenol) - I'd like to confirm that.)

Thanks!

Alex (DV411)

Return to posts index

Alex Geroulaitis
Re: Connector type on Decklink Quad and 4K?
on May 11, 2011 at 10:50:40 pm

According to the p.54 of the PDF manual, it's a DIN 1.0/2.3 type connector (see Molex, Amphenol)

Here is one example of a cable / adapter to standard BNC.

Alex (DV411)

Return to posts index

Luke Maslen
on May 12, 2011 at 12:10:09 am

Hi Alex,

You are correct that the DeckLink Quad and DeckLink 4K cards use DIN 1.0/2.3 connectors. Third party adapter cables exist or new cables can be made with a DIN 1.0/2.3 on one end and a BNC on the other.

Regards,

Luke Maslen
Blackmagic Design

Return to posts index

Alex Geroulaitis
on May 12, 2011 at 12:27:42 am

Thanks Luke! Decklink Quad and 4K cards ship with no cables or adapters, correct?

Alex (DV411)

Return to posts index

Luke Maslen
on May 12, 2011 at 1:29:44 am

Hi Alex,

You are correct that the product does not include any DIN 1.0/2.3 cables or adapters. Ideally you should use cables which are already terminated with a DIN 1.0/2.3 on one end, for best signal quality, rather than adapters. However I'm sure that some people will use adapters.

Regards,

Luke Maslen
Blackmagic Design

Return to posts index

Alex Gerulaitis
on May 12, 2011 at 2:25:43 am

Perfect, thank you.

Return to posts index

Paul Tyson
on Dec 14, 2012 at 6:01:09 pm

I ordered a Quad for a system that I'm building for a customer. I am a BMD reseller. I know that Black Magic is very "cost-competitive" with their products and that is great - but the fact there were no adapters or cables included w/ the Quad to adapt to standard BNC is just really a horrible idea and is costing me over $100.00 in overnight shipping fees. It has also set back my project delivery time - and in general has created a HUGE hassle for me. Black magic PLEASE talk w. your product management team and start including the necessary adapters to connect to industry standard SDI. We should not have to scour the globe to find specialized connectors or adapters for your products.

Return to posts index

Dewan Tariq
on Jun 1, 2013 at 5:53:30 pm

Hi Luke, would you plz clear DIN connector it's male or female and other end BNC its male or female.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]