FORUMS: list search recent posts

Other software for Intensity pro

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Judd Wenzel
Other software for Intensity pro
on May 11, 2011 at 1:18:49 am

Working with Edius NX and happy with this package however looking
at the Intensity Shuttle for input export of HDMI ect. I have previously owned the Intensity Pro great card but only captures in native mode in limited forms and have need for another software package that can capture in more useable forms that my Edius can handle. I am aware vegas might offer this capability any other software packages ( aside from Premiere, just don't have the funds for this) that might allow my import/ export from Intensity?
Any responses will be welcome.

Thanks in advance

Return to posts index

Danny Hays
Re: Other software for Intensity pro
on May 11, 2011 at 7:50:22 am

I have the Shuttle to capture straight from the imager of my HDV camera, without tape. This bypasses the HDV compression of .m2t format files. I can use it in Vegas, Premiere and After Effects, in and out. The PDF for it shows the Shuttle and express card both do. Edius is probably not going to see it as a capture device. But what difference does it make what software you use to capture with?
You still have to add it to the timeline as with any NLE. I capture as 1080i Motion JPG avi, via HDMI and component as the 8 and 10 bit avi uncomressed formats need a raid array to handle the read/write speed.
If you decide to go with an Intensity card or especcialy the Shuttle, do you homework as balck magic is very specific on chip set and USB 3 bandwidth for the Shuttle. It is a great capture/playback device for $199.

Hope this helps, Danny Hays, Universal Studios FL

Return to posts index

Judd Wenzel
on May 11, 2011 at 9:16:16 am

Edius only works with more normal forms of capture modes. Even though I can place the Black Magic compressed and non compressed on the timeline they are different than the standard forms than say Premiere or Vegas and cause a poor picture due to being non standard ( at least for the Edius system , possible frame rate as I have heard). What I am doing is typical for many Edius users with Intensity ( using another software package to capture ) then using the result in Edius ( say a standard DV compression for example). Looking for a less expensive software aside from Vegas or Premiere just to capture in these useable forms ( codecs) that are standard ( IE Grass Valley uses
most all broadcast standards)...

Return to posts index

Danny Hays
on May 12, 2011 at 3:46:45 am

The Intensity card and Shuttle come with Media Express to cpature and playback if you like. I capture as 1080i motion jpeg 4.2.2 avi and the quality is better than if I capture via firewire as 4.2.0 .m2t.

Return to posts index

Judd Wenzel
on May 12, 2011 at 10:02:26 am

As I have stated I have already owned the Intensity card and well aware
of the software Black Magic has. Great software but the capture is in a format I can not use with my Edius NX. Frame rate off. I need another software solution to capture formats. Adobe Premiere captures with Intensity in more forms than the two Black Magic offers but don't want
to pay $$$ just to capture. Looking for a cheaper software that works with
Intensity...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]