FORUMS: list search recent posts

HDMI out from Decklink Studio within FCP 7.03

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Greg Golden
HDMI out from Decklink Studio within FCP 7.03
on May 4, 2011 at 3:34:44 pm

Quite confused and unsure if this is a BlackMagic Design or Final Cut forum question. I've researched a good bit on both boards.

System is Mac Pro running 10.6.7 with 2 X 2.4GHz Quad Core Intel Xeon and 12 GB or RAM.
Decklink Studio
Final Cut Pro 7.03
No BMD driver updates done since the install in August 2010. FCP is up to date.

Problem: I cannot get 1080p output to display on an external 42" LG 1080p monitor. I don't need a calibrated display -- just something large for clients to see their projects. I have just acquired this monitor. I am selecting every possible external video choice within Final Cut, and the only ONES that work are Video Playback NTSC 8-bit, 10-bit or RGB 10-bit. The HD video on the timeline looks horrible as expected. It will play with full motion.

External video is set to 'All Frames"

Every other HD Blackmagic setting causes the LG 42" monitor to show a "no signal" message.

Is there something obvious that I should be doing that I am not?

Thank you. I had great expectations but am now a little bummed today.

Greg Golden

Return to posts index

Greg Golden
Re: HDMI out from Decklink Studio within FCP 7.03
on May 4, 2011 at 6:30:03 pm

Updated to the newest driver (versioin 8.0) and firmware. I now see great still images of the final frame played from the timeline, but no moving video. I've tried 1080p video in a sequence that matches that video and see only a frozen image that updates with the playhead stops. I tried 720p video and had the same results.

I've gone through several dozen video (output) choices from the extensive listing supported by the card. I do not see anything that refers to the HDMI output of the Decklink Studio secondary card.

Can you please help?

Greg Golden

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]