FORUMS: list search recent posts

Decklink HD Extreme 3D output 2 HD monitors

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Pablo Nóbrega
Decklink HD Extreme 3D output 2 HD monitors
on May 2, 2011 at 6:13:42 pm

Hi, I'd like to know if is possible to get 2 HD output from the Decklink Extreme 3d. Like using the HD-SDI for the playback monitor and the HDMI for a big LCD for the client... If it's not... what other option I should have to do this setup? Thank's!

Return to posts index

Chris Pearse
Re: Decklink HD Extreme 3D output 2 HD monitors
on May 3, 2011 at 12:22:54 pm

Hi Pablo,

When outputting from a Decklink card, all of the outputs are active. So with the HD Extreme 3D you can output via the SDI outputs, the HDMI output and either Component, Composite or S-Video at the same time.

So what you want to do is indeed possible.

Chris Pearse
Technical Support Consultant
Blackmagic Design EMEA

Return to posts index

Pablo Nóbrega
on May 3, 2011 at 12:49:46 pm

And the Hd-Sdi out, if i want to conect to a HDMI monitor, i could use the two optons: SDI HDMI mini converter or HDLink pro 3d? Would both work the same? Thanks a lot!

Return to posts index

Pablo Nóbrega
on May 3, 2011 at 1:04:25 pm

Other question (I'm just buying and many doubts), If I instal the Decklink Extreme 3d (that is PCi 4x lane) in a 16x lane it works better? In 8x aswell? Can looks like a dumb question but i coudnt find in this forum any answer. Tanks again...

Return to posts index

Chris Pearse
on May 3, 2011 at 1:36:04 pm

The HD Extreme 3D requires a x4 PCIe slot, and will work in higher speed slots, but this will not offer any better performance.

Chris Pearse
Blackmagic Design EMEA

Return to posts index

Chris Pearse
on May 3, 2011 at 1:31:13 pm

If you needed to connect another HDMI TV to the Decklink card, either of these will do much the same kind of job, but there are some differences.

The SDI to HDMI Mini Converter would act in much the same way as the HDMI output of the card. Where the HDLink Pro will give you the ability to apply LUTs, or connect to a computer monitor using DVI, or DisplayPort with the HDLink Pro 3D DisplayPort.

You can find further information on our website here

http://blackmagic-design.com/products/miniconverters/
http://blackmagic-design.com/products/hdlink/

If you only need to connect to one HDMI TV, the output of the HD Extreme 3D should be sufficient.

Chris Pearse
Blackmagic Design EMEA

Return to posts index

Wesley Reis
on Jun 21, 2012 at 6:16:05 pm

someone correct me if I'm wrong , but the hdlink pro has dual link dvi , which is 8bit, even though hdmi is 10 capable, there would be a bottle neck, and intern only 8bit hdmi.would have to be sdi

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]