FORUMS: list search recent posts

Intensity Pro Huge Problem (overheating, not detecting, not capturing etc.)

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Vic Adams
Intensity Pro Huge Problem (overheating, not detecting, not capturing etc.)
on Apr 30, 2011 at 9:11:01 pm

Hello from Ukraine guys! I'm in desperate need of your help!Sorry for my bad English in advance. ;)

Yesterday i bought BlackMagic Intensity Pro. Installed it, installed last drivers (3.9.4), tried to capture dashboard (exactly dash so HDCP is not a problem) from my PS3 but nothing worked. Tried different settings in PS 3 (720P and 1080i), Blackmagic Control Panel and MediaExpress but it didn't helped. In addition my PC started to act weird. Hanging (without BSOD) when booting and turning off, lagging when trying to capture with MediaExpress without higly increasing CPU usage.

So i reinstalled Win 7 32 bit and tried again today. Nothing helped. It's strange that PC hanging only with both card in slot and installed drivers. Even if i try to uninstall drivers it hangs in the middle of the process. Unplugging card from PCIE slot solves uninstallation problem but then it continues again.

I didn't even had a chance to try to capture from my Xbox 360 cause Intensity just vanished from PC after i tried to install old drivers (3.9.1) and now pc just can't see it. More of that it overheats like hell! After 1 minute from booting i can't even hold my thumb on it for couple seconds! Changed power usage, enabled PCI/PnP, defaulted BIOS settings. NOTHING IS HELPING!

Please fellow comrades help me! I need this card for my work! Editor will kill me if he goes to Moskow to visit Sony and Microsoft without my video!

PS My PC specs
Asus P5KPL (with only one PCIE slot so no changing slots for me :( )
Radeon 5750
3 GB RAM

PPS And 1 year warranty for Intensity Pro starting from yesterday. Just don't wanna waste precious time and do everything myself.

PPPS Maybe it's power shortage? Will try tomorrow to change my graphic card to an old one and see what'll happen.

Return to posts index

Paul Jay
Re: Intensity Pro Huge Problem (overheating, not detecting, not capturing etc.)
on May 1, 2011 at 12:08:48 am

Thats why people use osx. Windows is your problem.

Return to posts index

Alex Geroulaitis
on May 1, 2011 at 7:12:09 am

[Vic Adams] "Maybe it's power shortage?"

Possibly - I'd try a different system or motherboard. Intensity (Pro) isn't supposed to get hot.

ни пуха :)

Alex (DV411)

Return to posts index

Vic Adams
on May 1, 2011 at 9:47:16 am

Nop not power shortage. Unplugged all devices exept hard drive, replaced Radeon 5750 with old GeForce 9600GT, even updated BIOS, nothing is helping. Still overheats like crazy and pc not detecting Intensity Pro.

Important note: Card heats from the very begining of PC booting (just a couple seconds) and it heats from the PCIE port to external side of the card. BUT the port itself is cold. Any suggestions?

PS Will try it out on friend's PC tomorrow.

PPS [Alex Geroulaitis] "ни пуха :)" К черту! Все равно не помогает... :(

Return to posts index

Scott Francis
on May 1, 2011 at 3:59:27 pm

Have you tried another PCIe slot? I found my Intensity to have issues with the one closet to my PCIe for my video card....just a thought.

Good Luck

Scott Francis
Mind's Eye Audio/Video Productions

Return to posts index

Vic Adams
on May 2, 2011 at 3:57:46 pm

Told ya...i've got ASUS P5KPL motherboard with only one PCIE slot.

Already tried my Intensity Pro on my friend's PC...no dice...will contact my seller for replacement...either way it's overheating like crazy so i'll use my warranty...sorry for incovinience... :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]