FORUMS: list search recent posts

Intensity Pro in MacPro3,1 problems (black screen)

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lutfi Zeton
Intensity Pro in MacPro3,1 problems (black screen)
on Apr 28, 2011 at 1:47:17 pm

Hello CreativeCOW community,

I have a Mac Pro 3,1 (early 2008) 2,8 with 6gb RAM. What I want is to capture from HD devices like xbox360, ps3 and video captures.
I've just received my Intensity Pro card today, I'm running the last Snow Leopard version and, I think, the last Blackmagic software. But... :
- I only see a black screen in Blackmagic Media Express software.
- I dont have an HDMI output... Should I have it to see the video in the Mac? (noob question, I know)
- Maybe the drivers are not updated? My mac has recognized the card

Thank you for your support

Return to posts index

Kristian Lam
Re: Intensity Pro in MacPro3,1 problems (black screen)
on Apr 29, 2011 at 12:14:13 pm

Hi,

No, you don't need a HDMI output to see the input.

There are a few things you need to check.

1. Does the Video project settings in Media Express' Preferences match your input format?

2. Open up the Blackmagic preferences and check if the input is set correctly. For example, if you're capturing HDMI, make sure Input is set to HDMI.

3. If you're using the PS3, then you cannot capture via HDMI as the HDMI output of the PS3 is always encrypted.

regards

Kristian Lam
Blackmagic Design

Return to posts index

Lutfi Zeton
on Apr 29, 2011 at 1:13:02 pm

Thank you for your answer Kristian.
Well, I bought another HDMI cable yesterday for the output. And it is not working yet.
I am trying to capture from an Xbox360 from HDMI

There are a few things you need to check:

1. Does the Video project settings in Media Express' Preferences match your input format?
I think so. I've tried many options. In Media Express I put 720p 50hz (like in 360 I think) and nothing happens (black screen in Media Express and in HDMI output - TV)

2. Open up the Blackmagic preferences and check if the input is set correctly. For example, if you're capturing HDMI, make sure Input is set to HDMI.
Input: HDMI video & HDMI audio Output: HDMI & Component
3. If you're using the PS3, then you cannot capture via HDMI as the HDMI output of the PS3 is always encrypted.
I have Xbox360 and I read over the Internet it does not have HDCP.

I have BlackMagic Desktop 8.0 and, I think, I have the last firmware installed in it.
Running on a MAC OS X SNOW LEOPARD 10.6.7

Thank you for the help!

Return to posts index

Chris Pearse
on May 3, 2011 at 9:24:39 am

Hi Lutfi,

Typically the Xbox 360 will be outputting a 59.94Hz signal in all territories, unless it has specifically been set to 50Hz.

I would suggest making sure that 'Display Discovery' is disabled on the Xbox, otherwise the video format may change automatically when connected by HDMI. Then make sure the Xbox is set to output 720p.

If you then change the capture format in the capture application (Edit -> Preferences -> Project Video Format in Media Express) to 720p59.94, you will most likely get a preview picture.

If you do not, please try the other 720p formats just to be sure. I would also suggest making sure to have the latest graphics card drivers installed. Some drivers might not be sufficient to render the preview.

If all else fails, please do get in contact with your regional support team using our support request form from the product's support page on our website here:

http://www.blackmagic-design.com/support/

Chris Pearse
Technical Support Consultant
Blackmagic Design EMEA

Return to posts index

Lutfi Zeton
on May 4, 2011 at 12:52:56 pm

Thank you for your support Chris,

I have just contacted with my regional support team using that support request.
I'll cross fingers. Thank you.

Return to posts index

Laurier Doucet
on Jul 30, 2011 at 11:25:48 pm

Hi

I am using a Black Magin Intensity Pro on a MacPro 2x2.66 gig and 5 gig of ram. When selecting either the HDMI or the Component In I only get a black screen in Media Express or QuickTime. The only way I can get it to display a picture and get audio is to use Composite Video and RCA audio in. I have tried getting HDMI signal from the HDMI output of my Onkyo Home Theatre Receiver and from directly my HD satellite receivers but I could only get a black screen with no audio. Should the Intensity Card capture video from my selected sources?

Thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]