FORUMS: list search recent posts

Intensity Pro not being recognized after restarts

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Romel Dris
Intensity Pro not being recognized after restarts
on Apr 24, 2011 at 9:44:57 pm

Hey everyone

I've been having a problem with the Blackmagic intensity pro that I got a few days ago. I installed it and everything and it was working great. Now when I restart my computer my Windows 7 doesn't recognize it as a device anymore. I just can't see it anywhere.

To get it to work again I had to change the slots in which my Intensity Pro was plugged into. Has anyone else encountered this problem? I don't really want to always have to change the slots they're in because it is quite a hassle to have to do it every singe time. Is there an easier solution to this?

My computer:
ASUS M4A79XTD-PRO
AMD Athlon II 620
XFX Radeon 4870
4GB RAM

I don't have any problems recording or anything, just getting it to be recognized is what is bugging me. Any help would be great

Thanks in advanced!

Return to posts index

Danny Hays
Re: Intensity Pro not being recognized after restarts
on Apr 25, 2011 at 3:07:59 am

I have the Shuttle, and sometimes it say no hardware found. I can unplug the USB 3 and recconect and I'm good. Have you tried newer or older software and firmware with this card?

Return to posts index

Paul Jay
on Apr 25, 2011 at 6:55:01 pm

You gotta love the Windows platform.

Return to posts index

Ken Mitchell
on Apr 25, 2011 at 7:16:46 pm

Had the same problem with Final cut.. Just check to make sure you have all the updates.

Return to posts index

Danny Hays
on Apr 26, 2011 at 1:22:02 am

I got my Shuttle when it first came out. I've updated, reverted back, and updated when newer drivers came out. Each time it tells me the Shuttle need a firmware update. I have to let it do it for it to work, and never stop or turn off your comp during a firmware update, as it usualy bricks the device. When you change drivers, do you have to do a firmware update with the Pro card?
I monitor this forum often and don't recall anyone with that problem with an Intensity Pro card. I have had that problem sometimes with my Shuttle, work and home, but I think that's an issue with the NEC USB 3 drivers, as I have the same problem with my USB 3 Mybook drive every once in a while. Unplugging it and replugging back it gets it recognised.
Has the card ever worked correctly? If your moving it back and forth from slot to slot, and a slot where it didn't work works again, it's either a driver issue or a problem with the card.

Return to posts index

Ken Mitchell
on Apr 26, 2011 at 2:05:35 am

I had the hardrive usb3 disconnect problem with my revised asus P8P67 premium motherboard..Turns out that even though the motherboard was revised and only a month old asus had updates the USB 3 driver again. Got the latest and it stopped the problem...except for 1 Thermaltake usb 3 device. All the other usb 3 devices work fine. Probably best to go to your motherboard site to get the latest USB 3 driver.I was going to purchase an intensity shuttle and/or an Ultrastudio SDI soon so I
hope all the bugs are out.

Return to posts index

Kristian Lam
on Apr 29, 2011 at 12:19:38 pm

Hi,

This is not something we've noticed in our testing labs. If you do run across this consistently, please contact our support team who will log this as an issue in our system.

regards

Kristian Lam
Blackmagic Design

Return to posts index

Robin Sniffen
on Apr 30, 2011 at 12:24:15 am

I have exactly the same problem but no solution--though I am running on an X58 board.

Interestingly enough, I have a H55 chipset it runs fine on.

Return to posts index

Romel Dris
on Apr 30, 2011 at 1:25:40 am

Thanks for the responses everyone. I think I may have found a solution.

My motherboard has a PCIPNP option which is a pci plug and play and i needed to enable it. It was so that the OS handles the PCI device plugged in and not the BIOS. Haven't had any issues since turning it on.

Return to posts index

Guido Rood
on May 2, 2011 at 11:52:53 am

Hi Romel!
I have exactly the same problem.

Win7 64bit / Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 motherboard / Gigabyte GV-R577SL-1GD Radeon 5570 graphics card.

I found out that the intesity Pro works fine with some other graphics card but not with the none that I have.
And it seems that it is not faulty, though. As it works fine on another Win7 (64) system.
When I intstalled the card plus drivers it worked fine. And still does but just after the installation.
After a reboot (no shut down (!) just reboot) it is still recognized and works fine.
But if I shut down the PC for 30 seconds or so it is not recognized anymore. Changing slot helps. But just until the next shut down.

This is what helped (at least 2 weeks long).

Install the card plus drivers. It should work fine.
Then reboot (do not shut down the PC!) and enter the BIOS.
DonĀ“t change anything just save and exit.
Now the card should work fine.

It solved my problem for 2 weeks. Now this "trick" does not work anymore.
It seems as if the card is not registerd properly. At least on some motherboard graphocs card combinations.
I really hope BMD fixed this bug!!!!!!!!

By the way a friend of mine had the same bug on a Mac!

Take care.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]