FORUMS: list search recent posts

Xbox 360 HDMI @720p/1080i > BMIP HDMI (in) - BMIP HDMI (out) > Samsung HDTV

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Stewart
Xbox 360 HDMI @720p/1080i > BMIP HDMI (in) - BMIP HDMI (out) > Samsung HDTV
on Apr 24, 2011 at 11:50:22 am

I have tried for hours now to get the BMIP to work on my desktop computer, to no avail. My setup is: Xbox 360 HDMI @720p/1080i > BMIP HDMI (in) - BMIP HDMI (out) > Samsung HDTV. I have tried both 720p and 1080i @50Hz, neither of them working. I have even tried Component connection at the same resolutions and still no input/output video is displayed on my monitor or my TV (this rules out the possibility that the Xbox 360 has HDCP, unlike the PS3 which does have HDCP). In Blackmagic Media Express, under Preferences, I have tried all available connections (I know the one I need to use is HD 720p 50/HD 1080i 50, but I needed to make sure), and still got no input nor output video to display. I have used other software (Sony Vegas 10, Video Dub etc.) to try and capture video, and the BMIP IS detected in those programs also, yet no video is displayed (AKA I get the "device is unavailable" message. I have tried BMIP 3.4 drivers (which as I have found out are the ones with least errors/the drivers people have most success with), and still no results. I always restart the computer upon installing/removing drivers or software from my system when prompted to. I have tried all available options in Blackmagic Control Panel which has not helped either.

My computers specifications are:

Processor: Intel i5-2500k (Sandybridge) @4.5GHz
Motherboard: Gigabyte P67A-UD3-B3 Intel P67 Chipset (their website/documentation states P55 or BETTER chipsets work)
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon 6950 (flashed to 6970)
RAM: 4GB DDR3

When I first tried using the device, my computer would BSoD after loading to the desktop, yet after switching PCI-Express slots it now seems to work fine. My motherboard has 5 PCI-Express slots: 1 x16 (where the graphics card is), 1 x4 (didn't work in this slot), and 3 x1 (seemed to work in 2/3 of the slots). I have found that people have had trouble with PCI-Express slots due to SLI/Crossfire configuration somehow not working with the BMIP, but I am unsure whether they are even set on these options or how to configure the slots to anything else as I have never had to do so before. The device has been detected in all 4 PCI-Express slots (but of course it crashes the computer in 1/2 of them). Please, if anybody could assist me further with the matter I would be very grateful. Thank you for taking the time to read this post.

Return to posts index

Brad Prennon
Re: Xbox 360 HDMI @720p/1080i > BMIP HDMI (in) - BMIP HDMI (out) > Samsung HDTV
on Apr 25, 2011 at 3:49:27 pm

The Xbox 360 outputs at 60 FPS so the option(s) you need to use are either 720p @ 59.94 or 1080i @ 59.94 based on the resolution you have setup in the Xbox 360 System Settings.

Return to posts index

James Stewart
on Apr 25, 2011 at 4:04:19 pm

I have tried ALL options when it comes to resolutions. Both 720p and 1080i on the Xbox 360, as well as 720p 50/59.94/60 and 1080i 50/59.94/60 in Blackmagic Media Express. For some reason the subject of this topic was changed when it was originally "No Input/Output Video with BMIP". Weird...

I think I'm going to simply switch back to the Hauppauage HD PVR. Yeah, the hardware/software is less reliable, but at least I can actually use it. If I can't manage to get the BMIP to work with my computer, I doubt the BMIS will work either, even though I have integrated USB 3.0. The motherboard compatibility on both of these devices is just awful, especially with the fact that nobody is going to buy x58/P55 chipset motherboards when building a new computer (like I have), when there is superior hardware out there now, thank you for the help though. Unless someone else has had the same problem, I doubt I'll be keeping this product for long.

Return to posts index

Lutfi Zeton
on Apr 28, 2011 at 7:42:48 pm

This EXACTLY happens to me on my Mac Pro with an Xbox 360...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]