FORUMS: list search recent posts

Blackmagic intensity shuttle problem

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alec Shank
Blackmagic intensity shuttle problem
on Apr 24, 2011 at 5:15:01 am

Hi there, i have purchased the blackmagic intensity shuttle and i have downloaded and set it up on my computer, im running with a p7p55d motherboard which i understand is compatible if you use a usb 3.0 express card...so I went along and purchased one of those, once i had downloaded all the drivers for the express card and what not i went along and plugged in the shuttle, at first it didn't recognize it at all but i did some trouble shooting. Now it is recognized and says its working properly, BUT i cannot seem to open blackmagic media express to capture and i cannot edit the settings in the control panel, please help.

Return to posts index

Danny Hays
Re: Blackmagic intensity shuttle problem
on Apr 26, 2011 at 1:40:34 am

Try unplugging the Shuttle and plugging it back in. I've had this problem with mine from time to time and this always fixes it for me.
If this doesn't fix the problem, I would try different drivers.

BM has a new driver for the shuttle as of two weeks ago. If your not using "Desktop Video 8.0 for Windows" found here.
http://www.blackmagic-design.com/support/detail/?sid=3947&pid=4042&os=win&l...

Uninstall Desktop video and Media Express, delete all BlackMagic folders from your program files directory, and the install Video Desktop 8 and Media Express. I did this without unplugging my Shuttle. When it says your Shuttle needs a firmware update, let it do it without stopping during the process.
I hate to say but the biggest problem I've seen of forums is MB compatibility and USB 3 bandwith. The spec requirement does show four motherboards that defenetly work with the Shuttle. Two from Asus and two from Gigabyte. Your board isn't on that list. I know it says P55 chipset, but still I would trade it in for one on the list if all this doesn't work.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]